The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
Well the losses were £11,075, hence £2200 profit :wink:

OMFG... :redface: For some reason I thought that you counted capital and profit separately... I'll go now :getmecoat:
Reply 21
Original post by 999tigger
So on the big scheme of things how much are you ahead?
Do you think you have a problem or is it a good source of income?

I'm currently about £7000 up since I started in October.

I think its an excellent source of income. I do it in time when I'd otherwise just be watching TV of playing video games.
Original post by Reue
Not at all. The huge majority of offers I do are risk-free. The ones which do have an element of risk are mathematically weighted heavily in my favour, so I might risk £10 for a 50% chance of getting £30. If you do that over and over you're mathematically very likely to finish in profit.

Right.
Reply 23
Original post by Serine Soul
Do you know anyone who has had their life screwed up by gambling?

Fortunately I do not.
Original post by Reue
I have a money making addiction, perhaps. I'd stop gambling the moment it stopped making me a profit.

2.2k profit. **** man.. Ik i'v asked you this before, but how do you find the offers since you cant use the sign up ones. Are they all MB?
Original post by Reue
I have a money making addiction, perhaps. I'd stop gambling the moment it stopped making me a profit.

It sounds like a gambling addiction if you don't regret gambling and losing all of that money. But perhaps you do have a money making addiction and it sounds toxic. How long have you been gambling for?
Reply 26
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
You criticise AG at length for bragging and his self-serving posts, and then you post this.

No, I criticise him primarily on his complete fabrications of wealth.
Reply 27
Original post by loveleest
It sounds like a gambling addiction if you don't regret gambling and losing all of that money. But perhaps you do have a money making addiction and it sounds toxic. How long have you been gambling for?

But I've not lost any money. I've always finished in profit at the end of each week :smile:
Original post by Reue

Gambling is not technically money making though, is it? There's no activity involved with it that is actually generating capital e.g. creating a service, producing a product.

How do you extricate the love of acquiring money from the thrill of gambling?
Reply 29
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
2.2k profit. **** man.. Ik i'v asked you this before, but how do you find the offers since you cant use the sign up ones. Are they all MB?

I use a subscription website to find the offers
Original post by Reue
I use a subscription website to find the offers

Do you pay for it?
Original post by Reue
No, I criticise him primarily on his complete fabrications of wealth.

You just sound jealous. You want to be the money man on TSR, with your thousands of pounds of gambling, and snipe anyone who undermines this.

OK, bud. What ever helps you sleep at night.
Reply 32
Original post by isitisisitis
Gambling is not technically money making though, is it? There's no activity involved with it that is actually generating capital e.g. creating a service, producing a product.

How is that any different to say a stock/currency trader?

Original post by isitisisitis
How do you extricate the love of acquiring money from the thrill of gambling?

Because I don't really get a thrill from the gambling. It's just applied maths to me based on the offers available. I rarely watch the horse races and never watch the football matches I'm betting on.
Reply 33
You just sound jealous. You want to be the money man on TSR, with your thousands of pounds of gambling, and snipe anyone who undermines this.

I think it's apparent there are people on here far wealthier than either I or AG. The difference between my income and AG's is that mine is:

1. Real
2. Repeatable by others

OK, bud. What ever helps you sleep at night.

That would be a few double bourbons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
Do you pay for it?

Yes, I think it was about £120 a year.
Original post by Reue
Just totalled up all the bets I placed last month in matched-betting and it came to £13,275. From that I made just over £2200 in profit. AMA :smile:

My older brother works in Ladbrokes and he told me never to bet. Its rigged the house always wins. One person may get lucky but the vast majority of people lose nearly all their money when they gamble everyday. I would recommend not gambling ever and if you do only let yourself spend £5 a day.
Reply 36
Original post by humanteaparty
My older brother works in Ladbrokes and he told me never to bet. Its rigged the house always wins. One person may get lucky but the vast majority of people lose nearly all their money when they gamble everyday. I would recommend not gambling ever and if you do only let yourself spend £5 a day.

Ask your older brother about matched betting and how much money it makes the bookmakers lose :wink:
Original post by Reue
But I've not lost any money. I've always finished in profit at the end of each week :smile:

But you still have a gambling addition and its really really unhealthy. I have learnt about this is psychology and although you are making "profit" now, that really doesn't mean anything. My psychology teacher has showed us videos whereby people have had their lives destroyed from gambling. One guy was even 1million dollar debt.
are you a professional gambler also have you ever been banned form any betting shops/online bookmakers
Original post by humanteaparty

even 5 pound a day is too much tbh.

Latest