The Student Room Group

What is your facial skin care routine?

Scroll to see replies

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...
Reply 21
Original post by claireestelle
I had that problem occasionally but then sometimes i d be able to buy a drink without ID so i think its down to the person,

Nah not for me everyone and everything thinks I'm still a child. I would still be asked for ID.
Reply 22
Original post by sr90
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

That's great!! I was planning on starting to use a face mask that I go and buy but I'm not sure what I should get. I normally just use home remedies like sugar and honey or honey and cinnamon and so many different things but I'm getting tired of mixing and so on I just want to buy one now.
Original post by Aaliyah.97
Haha yeah it wasn't a great one. If your a guy doesn't mean you don't have to pamper yourself 😄

I like to keep it simple, otherwise I just irritate my skin if I start using toners and stuff. But what do you mean by pamper yourself?:curious:

You mean like facials and stuff?
Reply 24
Original post by Peel. Dem. Crew
I like to keep it simple, otherwise I just irritate my skin if I start using toners and stuff. But what do you mean by pamper yourself?:curious:

You mean like facials and stuff?

Lol yeah I mean like facial creams and washes and so on
I have quite a few products which means that I don't use them everyday, but only when needed. I really want the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, but I've never got round to buying it.

I usually take off make-up using the Garnier Micellar water, then use the No7 hot cloth cleanser, after that I apply a moisture and I'm done.
Complicated.

In the morning:
Wash face with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Tone with Mario Badescu Seaweed Lotion
Use Balm Balm little miracle Rosehip Serum and let my skin absorb it
Use Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
Moisturise with Lush Cosmetic Lad moisturiser
Use Mario Badescu Drying Cream in problem areas
Cover face in Bare Minerals Prime Time
Continue with makeup routine (foundation, concealer, highlighter, bronzer, blusher, lipstick, eyeliner, mascara)

At night:
Remove makeup with Lush Ultrabland
Wash face with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Lotion
Tone with Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion "C"
Use Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
Moisturise cheeks, nose and forehead with Nuxe Paris 24 hour Soothing and Rehydrating Fresh Mask
Use Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion on chin and above eyebrows
Spot use Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on any whiteheads

Every three/four days:
Mario Badescu Silver Powder on T Zone
Whichever Lush mask takes my fancy
Can anyone give me advice. My skin is quite good but I don't really have a routine

what annoys me is I get black heads on my nose and sometimes red skin there, and no matter what I buy I can't get rid of them

I feel like I've used everything, Biore nose strips, Biore charcoal cleanser and exfoliator, dove microbial facewash, loreal blackhead cleanser, clean & clear blackhead wash, No5 pore reducing cream, even got one of those comedone extractor thingies and still nothing!
Lol yeah I mean like facial creams and washes and so on

Well to be honest I do micro dermabrasion once a month, to shred off all my dead skin cells.:tongue:
Reply 29
I use This works gentle skin cleanser to cleanse my face and then moisturise with vichy aqualia thermal serum.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wash my face with Cetaphil face foam wash and then pat it dry with a clean face cloth.
I also put on blistex on my lips to stop them from cracking.

I do that in the morning and in the evening :smile:
We all have different routine just wondering. Mine is the morning; L'ordeal skin perfection face wash then the l'oreal skin perfection toner then the Nivea face cream for sensitive skin. In the night it is the L'oreal skin perfection face wash then queen Elizabeth cocoa butter face body cream. That's my skin care routine when I wake up and go to bed or before I apply makeup. What's yours???

I just wash my face with soap in the morning and before i go to bed. Then moisture my skin because i can't even leave my room without applying cream on my face :smile: I usually put lip balm and if i need to i would put mascara :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Peel. Dem. Crew
Well to be honest I do micro dermabrasion once a month, to shred off all my dead skin cells.:tongue:

Ahh that's cool
Reply 33
Original post by nisha.sri
I just wash my face with soap in the morning and before i go to bed. Then moisture my skin because i can't even leave my room without applying cream on my face :smile: I usually put lip balm and if i need to i would put mascara :smile:

I don't put much makeup on only if I'm going to a wedding or party
Reply 34
Original post by evalilyXOX
I wash my face with Cetaphil face foam wash and then pat it dry with a clean face cloth.
I also put on blistex on my lips to stop them from cracking.

I do that in the morning and in the evening :smile:

That cool
I don't put much makeup on only if I'm going to a wedding or party

Yeah same :smile: I always put lip balm and sometimes mascara if i look a little ugly :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous
Can anyone give me advice. My skin is quite good but I don't really have a routine

what annoys me is I get black heads on my nose and sometimes red skin there, and no matter what I buy I can't get rid of them

I feel like I've used everything, Biore nose strips, Biore charcoal cleanser and exfoliator, dove microbial facewash, loreal blackhead cleanser, clean & clear blackhead wash, No5 pore reducing cream, even got one of those comedone extractor thingies and still nothing!

The best way to get rid of black heads on nose is to get the egg white apply to everywhere there is blackheads then put tissue over it leave it for 10 to 15 mins then take the tissue of and wash your face and I'm telling you it will all go.
Reply 37
Original post by nisha.sri
Yeah same :smile: I always put lip balm and sometimes mascara if i look a little ugly :smile:

That's cool I don't use mascara my eyelashes are already long. I don't like it though
Foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, mascara and lipstick..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
This is my life. I use Alphah cleanser, then an Edible Beauty No.5 toner, then some rosehip-hibiscus moisturiser. I used to use Proactiv, but it ended up drying my face way too much for it to work. I still use the toner though, just when I break out from stress (like right now.) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest