The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zXcodeXz
Ok thanks, what year are you in now?

Me? Year 11. Don't worry mate, we're both in the same boat. I just did my Maths GCSE a year early :smile:
Hi, what did you guys get in GCSE's, I'm trying to motivate myself to get top grades.

1 A*, 1 A, 7 Bs, 1 C, 1 D

The D was in French which I did in year 9, and the C was in Spanish which I did in 2 years as a 'fast track' course as I'd never learnt it before.

GCSEs are easy when you look back on them. Just need to memorise information and translate it back onto the paper when it comes to the time. Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Writer_Refresh
Me? Year 11. Don't worry mate, we're both in the same boat. I just did my Maths GCSE a year early :smile:

Yeah because your much smarter than me. I need an A in maths aswell
Original post by frannersthorn
1 A*, 1 A, 7 Bs, 1 C, 1 D

The D was in French which I did in year 9, and the C was in Spanish which I did in 2 years as a 'fast track' course as I'd never learnt it before.

GCSEs are easy when you look back on them. Just need to memorise information and translate it back onto the paper when it comes to the time. Good luck!

Thanks! :smile:
Yeah because your much smarter than me. I need an A in maths aswell

I HATE Maths. It was my weakest subject. I just worked my socks off to get there. Trust me, all of us here are just no-brainers.
3A*s 10As 1B
Original post by Writer_Refresh
I HATE Maths. It was my weakest subject. I just worked my socks off to get there. Trust me, all of us here are just no-brainers.

Yeah same here I'll do my best
Original post by ElmoActor14
3A*s 10As 1B

Wow what did you get for each subject?
Wow what did you get for each subject?

A* in Spanish, French and German
As in English Lit, Lang, Latin, ICT, RS, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths
B in Drama
A* in Spanish, French and German
As in English Lit, Lang, Latin, ICT, RS, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths
B in Drama

Woah well done how did you revise for maths and what exam board did you do?
Woah well done how did you revise for maths and what exam board did you do?

past papers, closed book, then open book on topics i didnt get
revise topics i couldn't understand, more past papers
edexcel for normal maths, aqa for further
past papers, closed book, then open book on topics i didnt get
revise topics i couldn't understand, more past papers
edexcel for normal maths, aqa for further

Oh ok thanks!
Reply 312
3A*s, 7As,2Bs and 2Cs
Original post by Nowen
3A*s, 7As,2Bs and 2Cs

Amazing! What did you get seperately?
I got 7 A*, 1.5 A and a C.
Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll get exactly what you need or more, and remember even if you don't there's always a way round things to get to where you want to be :smile:!
Reply 315
Amazing! What did you get seperately?

A*s in English Language, Maths and Geography

As in English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, Film Studies and History

Bs in Media Studies and Citizenship

Cs in German and Business Studies
Original post by Nowen
A*s in English Language, Maths and Geography

As in English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, Film Studies and History

Bs in Media Studies and Citizenship

Cs in German and Business Studies

How did you get A* in maths? How did you revise and what exam board did you do?
Original post by white_o
I got 7 A*, 1.5 A and a C.
Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll get exactly what you need or more, and remember even if you don't there's always a way round things to get to where you want to be :smile:!

Woah what did you get seperately?
Hi, what did you guys get in GCSE's, I'm trying to motivate myself to get top grades.

3 A*s and 4 As (did less GCSEs and 'missed' Year 11 due to a physical medical condition).

But now I'm failing my A levels, so hurr hurr :u:
Reply 319
How did you get A* in maths? How did you revise and what exam board did you do?

Edexcel

GCSE Maths is very rigid in the questions it asks you, so past papers are your best bet. The odd questions that do come up like Hannah's sweets( which in fairness wasn't as difficult as the cone question later on) are unpredictable and are aimed towards those wanting to achieve an A*. The best advice for these questions is to try and be as methodical as possible, think of anything that could possibly help you and attempt to use it to solve the question.

Past Papers will show you that 80% of questions are practically the same as questions on previous papers. You start to learn patterns and what they're asking you to do.

Quick Reply

Latest