The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OGGUS
The Bible had been changed and misinterpreted. It pretty much says it in the Qu'ran. But some people never think about that do they. And Jesus is mentioned too.. So do some research on Issa and Aramic and maybe on Musa and Hebrew and you'll see the similarities to Arabic in the writing.

The Bible and the Qu'ran being internally consistent only proves that they're writing about similar things. That doesn't prove the existence of anything metaphysical.
Original post by OGGUS
No one said love the gay... Make sure the gay suppresses the feelings so that they can enter paradise. Not my problem if you wanna be gay. Cuz that your ****.

What paradise?:toofunny:
Are gays the only people not allowed in your so called imaginative paradise?
Original post by OGGUS
It is not limited to a belief it has been proven again and again. You just don't see it.

How? By the Qur'an? That's not proof. It is about as concrete-a-piece of evidence for Allah and Paradise as Harry Potter is for magic and Hogwarts.
Original post by OGGUS
I agree with in a way

agree with what?
Original post by Mactotaur
Marriage isn't for the creation of children. That's what sex is. Marriage is a union, an official way of saying 'we're together'. It's not religious, and it's certainly not about children.

Of course it's about children, and religion. If there was never any religion marriage more than likely wouldn't exist.

Everyone is so consumed by hedonism nowadays they forget that the purpose of marriage was for safe sex and about raising children in a comfortable environment. Which is why it should remain privileged and exclusive to those who have children. Why could they not settle for a civil partnership?
Original post by ivybridge
You really just are so ignorant.. Read up on. LGTGB history before you attempt to debate this topic. And it really isn't a myth - look at history, again.

These are your opinions and yours only - I profoundly disagree but I am leaving the debate here; it isn't worth having. Everything has been said a thousand times over by various people and honestly, your stubborn intolerance makes you just as bad as those you condemn.

You haven't offered any counter points or refuted any of my claims. Ad hominem and insults is your last resort.

I believe it is you who is intolerant, of those with an opinion that is opposite to your own. I think it's highly problematic and you shouldn't be so prejudiced towards Conservatives. You've actually triggered me.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
You haven't offered any counter points or refuted any of my claims. Ad hominem and insults is your last resort.

I believe it is you who is intolerant, of those with an opinion that is opposite to your own. I think it's highly problematic and you shouldn't be so prejudiced towards Conservatives. You've actually triggered me.

Calling you ignorant is not ad hominem.
Of course it's about children, and religion. If there was never any religion marriage more than likely wouldn't exist.

Everyone is so consumed by hedonism nowadays they forget that the purpose of marriage was for safe sex and about raising children in a comfortable environment. Which is why it should remain privileged and exclusive to those who have children. Why could they not settle for a civil partnership?

Birth control while married. Such hedonism indeed.

You do realise that gay people can raise children too? Adoption agencies aren't exactly empty.

If people today don't treat marriage as you feel they should, why do they deserve to get married?

Well, technically it might be.

>personal attack
>calling someone ignorant

Your ignorance is triggering me

Birth control while married. Such hedonism indeed.

You do realise that gay people can raise children too? Adoption agencies aren't exactly empty.

If people today don't treat marriage as you feel they should, why do they deserve to get married?

I wouldn't condemn it, everyone needs to be ready and secure financially.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/07/10474/

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2500537

Children adopted by gay parents are much more likely to experience emotional or physical abuse. Plus they need two role models of both sexes.

Most people do treat marriage as a situation where children can be raised in a safe and secure environment. Those who do marry, which has been declining for some time.
Well, technically it might be.

Could - depending on context. I did not make the comment based on him, I made it based on his crappy comments. As such, not ad hominem.

People should use normal ****ing language instead of trying to sound intelligent because they did A-Level Philosophy lmfao.
Its not just us.
A lot of people hold these views but are too scared to say it.
Difference is we aint
>personal attack
>calling someone ignorant

Your ignorance is triggering me

I wouldn't condemn it, everyone needs to be ready and secure financially.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/07/10474/

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2500537

Children adopted by gay parents are much more likely to experience emotional or physical abuse. Plus they need two role models of both sexes.

Most people do treat marriage as a situation where children can be raised in a safe and secure environment. Those who do marry, which has been declining for some time.

You are just as bad as what you are complaining about - it's hilarious to read.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Its not just us.
A lot of people hold these views but are too scared to say it.
Difference is we aint

Scared of what? Being told they're wrong because inside, they know they have no defence for their ridiculous line of argument? Shame.

Are you even a UK citizen?
Plus they need two role models of both sexes.

...why?
You are just as bad as what you are complaining about - it's hilarious to read.

So being opposed to gay marriage is like wanting homosexuals persecuted or killed?

Great connection, really. Your prejudice for conservatives is really showing.
...why?

Well if you didn't know, women and men are very different. Mothers tend to help emotionally, while the father helps financially or with schoolwork, physical activities etc.

We all take attributes from our parents, and women and men have very different characteristics.
So being opposed to gay marriage is like wanting homosexuals persecuted or killed?

Not quite as bad - one's denying a basic human right (the right to life) and the other is denying a civil right which most of the population has.

No, I myself don't think gay marriage should be a thing.

I don't hate conservativism. You're probably some 15 year old who watched Daily Politics once and thought, "I know what I can do to sound so cool and intelligent - be interested in politics as a kid, yaaaaaaay"

Lmfao. Go away pal.
Well if you didn't know, women and men are very different. Mothers tend to help emotionally, while the father helps financially or with schoolwork, physical activities etc.

We all take attributes from our parents, and women and men have very different characteristics.

That's a little bit stereotypical, don't you think? These days women can be the main breadwinners of a family, and men do actually have emotions. You do know that, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending