The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mactotaur
Really? You're going to attack one of the few people actually supporting you? Good idea.

"You're probably some 15 year old"

That's an attack against someone's character. A mild ones, yes, but an attack all the same.

Stick to the facts. It's better.

Learn, @ivybridge. This guy knows how to debate.

You are correct, but I would argue that neither of us would want any distress OR abuse to be inflicted on any child. Might not be much of a difference, but I'm sure we would agree on that.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Did you even read what I linked? Or did you just ignore it? Shouldn't be suprised that liberals don't like facts.

Your whole claim that gay adoption shouldn't be allowed is absolutely stupid and beyond it. So what about people that were raised with one sex parent?

There are a lot of children that are adopted and extremely happy. They grow up to be loving and accepting of other people, you can still be happy and healthy with two gay parents. In fact, it is healthier to be adopted by 2 gay parents than 1 single sex parent.

Your whole stance of gay adoption is ignorant and if you want to think of reasons why gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt then think of actual reasons.
Learn, @ivybridge. This guy knows how to debate.

You are correct, but I would argue that neither of us would want any distress OR abuse to be inflicted on any child. Might not be much of a difference, but I'm sure we would agree on that.

That's assuming the distress is directly related to the gender of the parents, which I'm not fully convinced it is. I think it's more that at the time of the study (2015) in America (where the study was carried out), gay people were (and are) still being bullied especially in certain states. Therefore children with gay parents might be bullied for that, leading to emotional distress.
Original post by loveleest
Your whole claim that gay adoption shouldn't be allowed is absolutely stupid and beyond it. So what about people that were raised with one sex parent?

There are a lot of children that are adopted and extremely happy. They grow up to be loving and accepting of other people, you can still be happy and healthy with two gay parents. In fact, it is healthier to be adopted by 2 gay parents than 1 single sex parent.

Your whole stance of gay adoption is ignorant and if you want to think of reasons why gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt then think of actual reasons.

So you didn't read the evidence I supplied. Good to know.

I have the stance I do on gay adoption because of what I linked. Physical and emotional abuse (not always, but more prevalent in same sex couples). If you didn't read or acknowledge it, that's your problem.
Original post by Howard
I'm sure you are effeminate. Your fist avatar fools nobody.

So supporting gay rights makes me a feminine boy? Right, okay, no. You're wrong. I am not at all effiminate.
That's assuming the distress is directly related to the gender of the parents, which I'm not fully convinced it is. I think it's more that at the time of the study (2015) in America (where the study was carried out), gay people were (and are) still being bullied especially in certain states. Therefore children with gay parents might be bullied for that, leading to emotional distress.

True, but it could not be that also.

http://www.frc.org/issuebrief/homosexual-parent-study-summary-of-findings

Quote, children of lesbian mothers -

Are an astonishing 11 times more likely to have been "touched sexually by a parent or other adult caregiver" in childhood (but not necessarily by the homosexual parent; IBF 2%; LM 23%)

I am not lumping all gay people together and saying they would all abuse adopted children, but considering the rate of abuse I wouldn't want to take that risk.
If there's one thing I like about Muslims it is at least they want to stay Muslim and wont allow it to be changed. If you change too much you may well as not be Muslim at all.

Has nobody heard of the anti-Christ and the changing of the seasons?

Changing of the seasons/times is what we see today. What once we frowned upon, we now applaud. Some call that progress..
So you didn't read the evidence I supplied. Good to know.

I have the stance I do on gay adoption because of what I linked. Physical and emotional abuse (not always, but more prevalent in same sex couples). If you didn't read or acknowledge it, that's your problem.

Not even going to bother clicked on the links because what you said was beyond ignorant.

Funny how you failed to answer my questions but yet you are bringing up the links that you provided. You clearly thinj that children should be left in adoption where they are both physically and emotionally abused daily rather than being put into 2 gay couples in a loving family.

You also didn't mention any phyiscal and emotional abuse that children with one sex parent face, which happens a lot. For crying out loud, people with two parents of different sexes in the same household may still face abuse.
True, but it could not be that also.

Quote, children of lesbian mothers -

Are an astonishing 11 times more likely to have been "touched sexually by a parent or other adult caregiver" in childhood (but not necessarily by the homosexual parent; IBF 2%; LM 23%)

I am not lumping all gay people together and saying they would all abuse adopted children, but considering the rate of abuse I wouldn't want to take that risk.

With that attitude, though, you might as well kill 45% of black American men, seeing as they make up so much of the new HIV diagnoses.
Not even going to bother clicked on the links because what you said was beyond ignorant.

Funny how you failed to answer my questions but yet you are bringing up the links that you provided. You clearly thinj that children should be left in adoption where they are both physically and emotionally abused daily rather than being put into 2 gay couples in a loving family.

You also didn't mention any phyiscal and emotional abuse that children with one sex parent face, which happens a lot. For crying out loud, people with two parents of different sexes in the same household may still face abuse.

Hahahah not going to check the facts. That just tells me all I need to know. If you're not going to listen to reason or read what I linked there's no point debating someone so prejudiced towards contrary opinion. Good day.

There's one for the road.

With that attitude, though, you might as well kill 45% of black American men, seeing as they make up so much of the new HIV diagnoses.

A little bit of an extreme and unfair comparison, although I see your point. Two entirely different subjects, though.
Hahahah not going to check the facts. That just tells me all I need to know. If you're not going to listen to reason or read what I linked there's no point debating someone so prejudiced towards contrary opinion. Good day.

A little bit of an extreme and unfair comparison, although I see your point. Two entirely different subjects, though.

I just read the article and it didnt take into consideration of the child before they were adopted. Things like depression and becoming arrested more doesn't mean that gay adoption is wrong. Depression is also genetic. I just schemed read the article and already found some few points that are worth considering.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/children-in-gay-adoptions-at-no-disadvantage-8518004.html

What do you think of this article then?
Original post by Grand High Witch
If you're so unafraid of saying it, would you say it in a job interview with a FTSE 100 company?

How much do ftse 100 companies pay?
Original post by muslimstanisyed
How much do ftse 100 companies pay?

A lot, usually. So would you say it in any graduate job interview if you claim you are unafraid of saying it?
(edited 8 years ago)
I just read the article and it didnt take into consideration of the child before they were adopted. Things like depression and becoming arrested more doesn't mean that gay adoption is wrong. Depression is also genetic. I just schemed read the article and already found some few points that are worth considering.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/children-in-gay-adoptions-at-no-disadvantage-8518004.html

What do you think of this article then?

No basis for fact or much statistics, mostly anecdotal and opinions by adopters (who would obviously not be against it). Compared to the rigorous paper which I linked, it doesn't really hold up.

I did explain to another earlier, I am not saying that ALL children adopted by homosexuals would be subjected to emotional or physical abuse, it is just more likely to happen. Which is why I take the stance I do.
No basis for fact or much statistics, mostly anecdotal and opinions by adopters (who would obviously not be against it). Compared to the rigorous paper which I linked, it doesn't really hold up.

I did explain to another earlier, I am not saying that ALL children adopted by homosexuals would be subjected to emotional or physical abuse, it is just more likely to happen. Which is why I take the stance I do.

But saying "more likely to happen" is so vague. I have read so many articles that gay adopted children are in fact healthier and happier.

So what about children raised by single sex vs both sexes?

You could quite easily argue that any findings the FRC make are extremely biased and therefore the studies they carry out should be view with caution. You could find plenty of reports that state the opposite and thus the evidence should be weighed up and compared. Luckily the supreme court did this and came to the logical decision it did.

And if you think marriage is only for children, I guess we should ban people who don't want kids from marrying and give all kids of single parents up for adoption.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by ivybridge
So supporting gay rights makes me a feminine boy? Right, okay, no. You're wrong. I am not at all effiminate.

So you're not studying theater design, fashion, or hairdressing?
I'm Muslim and I don't have a problem with a gay person. At the end of the day wether you're:gay, transgender, deformed, disabled your still a human being. I can understand why some Muslims hate gay people or don't condome what they do but it's not our business,they have chosen their lifestyle so why should other Muslims get involved and say these harsh things just because they don't accept it ?
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
they have chosen their lifestyle

People don't choose to be gay, though.
People don't choose to be gay, though.
thats another subject

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending