The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Nope.... I will be 18, and you will be 23 when they see my CV... SO it's calm + I will employ you in my buisness as an Assistant Inshaallah, so you will be rich anywho!!!

Haha I wish. I want to be 13 again, how is it?
Original post by Rhythmical
Haha I wish. I want to be 13 again, how is it?

Meh... It's not all that.... If your 18, you go uni... Uni is basic, after A-Levels, life chills with you...
Meh... It's not all that.... If your 18, you go uni... Uni is basic, after A-Levels, life chills with you...

Keep telling yourself that kiddo, after 18, life changes and it gets stressful. I want to be a kid again.
Keep telling yourself that kiddo, after 18, life changes and it gets stressful. I want to be a kid again.

Nope, you don't GCSE's are at a new high point in terms of difficulty and A-levels are 50% harder than before.....
Nope, you don't GCSE's are at a new high point in terms of difficulty and A-levels are 50% harder than before.....

I just wish I could do it all again, have someone to be with me and guide me. Any ideas on what you want to do when you're older (and it's totally fine to say you have no idea, I don't expect you to have a definite idea)
I just wish I could do it all again, have someone to be with me and guide me. Any ideas on what you want to do when you're older (and it's totally fine to say you have no idea, I don't expect you to have a definite idea)

Chemical/ Petroleum engineering until around 40 (when oil will begin running out), and then I expect to invest into stocks and create my own business..... (Whilst still praying 5 times a day)
Chemical/ Petroleum engineering until around 40 (when oil will begin running out), and then I expect to invest into stocks and create my own business..... (Whilst still praying 5 times a day)

Gees you have it all covered, bet you've found your future wife too!
Reply 307
Original post by *Alisha*
What, guide me in not believing in God? And doing all sorts of crazy stuff?
It's more about looking at evidence objectively and rationally, but whatever.

I'm not stupid to not believe in a creator.
Are you saying that you are less stupider than 96% of the world's top scientists?

What do you think it is about the "evidence for a creator" that you are able to see and understand, but nearly all the greatest scientific minds on the planet are not?
As you are more cleverer than them, you should be able to tell us (and probably win a Nobel Prize into the bargain!)
Reply 308
Original post by slymme
The problem is that many people are born in to Islam and thus do not have that believing heart and will of a convert.
Indeed. The majority of the world's Muslims merely have a cultural affiliation. Most have never read the Quran in a language they understand. Even amongst (presumably) educated Muslims in the UK, there is a certain lack of knowledge of the full range of scriptural content.

I suggest you read the Quran. You read specifically the mekkan verses (verses that were revealed during the very beginigng of Islam in Mekkah that are about the core principals of Islam
So you don't subscribe to the principle of abrogation?

Why do you think that the Medinan verses have no bearing on Islamic ideology?
Reply 309
Original post by *Alisha*
Yes, but where I live it's halal. Then I don't really know about your area. They would usually have a halal certificate.
What is your position on pre-slaughter stunning?
Is it halal if the animal is unconscious before it is killed?
Gees you have it all covered, bet you've found your future wife too!

Yep, @maria.x
Reply 311
Original post by animaria
Shias aren't muslims lool they don't follow anything, they make up their own rules
You know they say the same thing about you.
Reply 312
Errrr the prophet actually said its not allowed. And I'm pretty sure the prophets aren't wrong in what they say lovely.
So when the prophet says that the apostate should be killed, of the adulterer stoned, of that women are deficient in intellect, he isn't wrong?
OK.
Yep, @maria.x

Aww, when's the Nikah? :tongue:
Please don't tell me to go pray. The only thing I do is eat halal meat but I feel as if I'm slipping away from my beliefs. Anyone else like that?

I totally understand you.....I feel the same, hence my username, but that has a different meaning behind it as well as that. Sometimes I dont know what to do-because everyone around me would be like go pray or read the Qur'an and you'll feel closer-I've tried and its not working.......and sometimes I feel like switching religions-but that's not gonna exactly happen..LOL anyways I feel you...
Original post by QE2
So when the prophet says that the apostate should be killed, of the adulterer stoned, of that women are deficient in intellect, he isn't wrong?
OK.

Why should i bother explaining anything to you. Your a disbeliever and will remain one. Another thing i see majority things u post on is islam. I will never understand why disbelievers are so intrigued by islam lool and spend so much of their lives tryna figure it out when they could just put a sock in it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 316
I've never understood the concept of a 'non religious Muslim'...
Original post by AJ KO
I've never understood the concept of a 'non religious Muslim'...

Believing without belonging
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
I totally understand you.....I feel the same, hence my username, but that has a different meaning behind it as well as that. Sometimes I dont know what to do-because everyone around me would be like go pray or read the Qur'an and you'll feel closer-I've tried and its not working.......and sometimes I feel like switching religions-but that's not gonna exactly happen..LOL anyways I feel you...

Aww, what kind of things have you tried? I haven't tried anything yet, waiting for the right moment but I don't think I'll switch religion,
Original post by mars198
There's nothing wrong with not believing, if you don't feel connected then you can't force yourself to be. It's not a must in life, no matter how much we're told that.

I know but I'm not giving up, I'll just pick myself up and try again.
Reply 319
Believing without belonging

Nope.

@Hydeman, help me out here (see #321 above).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending