The Student Room Group

AGE GAP RELATIONSHIP debate

What is your opinion on relationships with a 25 years age gap ?

-What if the two people are happy ?
- What about the future ? Is it worth it to start something knowing the relationship has a peremption date ?
- Is the present more important than the future ?

what are your general ideas on this, it's a very intriguing topic
Original post by Sashare
What is your opinion on relationships with a 25 years age gap ?

-What if the two people are happy ?
- What about the future ? Is it worth it to start something knowing the relationship has a peremption date ?
- Is the present more important than the future ?

what are your general ideas on this, it's a very intriguing topic

I'm in complete favour of this, as long as both are over 18 and consenting, people can do what they want!

My own relationship isn't so far off this mark, and we're both aware that we face stigma and rejection over it, but it's worth it to us!
Reply 2
Original post by MissDobalina
I'm in complete favour of this, as long as both are over 18 and consenting, people can do what they want!

My own relationship isn't so far off this mark, and we're both aware that we face stigma and rejection over it, but it's worth it to us!

What kind of stigma and rejections do you face ?
Do people tend to stare or look at you with weird smile on their faces when you're in a public place together?
Do your friends and parents accept your relationship ?
No... i don't see how it could work - different maturity levels and different thinking
If two legal consenting adults can relate with each other, have a good power dynamic both are happy with and have common interests. Then all is fine I suppose
Reply 5
Original post by samina_ay
No... i don't see how it could work - different maturity levels and different thinking

I agree with this! I personally don't like the thought of a large age gap.

I think if there are shared common interests, it could work - I mean, relationships with large age differences do exist, look at celebrities for example! So it's not impossible :smile:
Original post by slc98
I agree with this! I personally don't like the thought of a large age gap.

I think if there are shared common interests, it could work - I mean, relationships with large age differences do exist, look at celebrities for example! So it's not impossible :smile:

Exactly - celebs are aliens they don't count lmao. But yes the max I'll go is 3 years..
Reply 7
Original post by samina_ay
Exactly - celebs are aliens they don't count lmao. But yes the max I'll go is 3 years..

LOOL true. I bet most of those celeb relationships are being paid for!

Again, I agree, I would prefer someone my own age, maybe a little older, like 5 years the most.. but not 25.
Original post by slc98
LOOL true. I bet most of those celeb relationships are being paid for!

Again, I agree, I would prefer someone my own age, maybe a little older, like 5 years the most.. but not 25.

That is true especially when the man is 20 years younger than the woman and vice versa. Yuck
And yeah same, 25 is too old bro lmao
As long as its a good relationship and the older one isn't below 41 then its good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending