The Student Room Group

Which revision books?

Hi,

I have been recently looking at which revision guides / textbooks to buy for the new 9-1 course. I'm aiming for all 9's, 8s and 7's (All A's and A*'s).

I have seen a lot of CPG books for £5 each. Are these any good? They tempt you to get quite a lot, with extras like how to write exam answers, grade 9 only workbooks and separate English books on the different texts etc.

I thought I'd buy all of the 9-1 higher CPG books available for my subjects and 1-2 more expensive textbooks. Is this a good idea? Here are the subjects I'm taking:

Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Combined Sciences
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature
Edexcel Business Studies
AQA Media Studies
Edexcel French
OCR Computer Science

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ATardy1
Hi,

I have been recently looking at which revision guides / textbooks to buy for the new 9-1 course. I'm aiming for all 9's, 8s and 7's (All A's and A*'s).

I have seen a lot of CPG books for £5 each. Are these any good? They tempt you to get quite a lot, with extras like how to write exam answers, 9-1 only workbooks and separate English books on the different texts etc.

I thought I'd buy all of the 9-1 higher CPG books available for my subjects and 1-2 more expensive textbooks. Is this a good idea? Here are the subjects I'm taking:

Edexcel Maths
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature
Edexcel Business Studies
AQA Media Studies
Edexcel French
OCR Computer Science

Thanks.

I know CGP are good for science and maths but I've heard they're not that great for English Literature, maybe see if somewhere like York notes has your text because they're quite good and it is worth getting different books for different texts.
Reply 2
Original post by DotDotDot...
I know CGP are good for science and maths but I've heard they're not that great for English Literature, maybe see if somewhere like York notes has your text because they're quite good and it is worth getting different books for different texts.

Thanks, I've checked and they do have the English Literature 9-1 books.
Reply 3
Original post by ATardy1
Hi,

I have seen a lot of CPG books for £5 each. Are these any good? They tempt you to get quite a lot, with extras like how to write exam answers, grade 9 only workbooks and separate English books on the different texts etc.

Edexcel Maths
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature
Edexcel Business Studies
AQA Media Studies
Edexcel French
OCR Computer Science

Thanks.

are you in year 9 or 10?

Quick Reply

Latest