The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Aww, when's the Nikah? :tongue:

Soon, soon..... You are welcome to join! :biggrin: You can be the guardian from my side!!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Soon, soon..... You are welcome to join! :biggrin: You can be the guardian from my side!!

Spoiler

Gotta wait three years if you want your parents permission, bit young!
Original post by AJ KO
I've never understood the concept of a 'non religious Muslim'...

Original post by animaria
Believing without belonging

Original post by AJ KO
Nope.

@Hydeman, help me out here (see #321 above).

Yeah, @Alexion also raised this point a few days ago. Technically speaking, there's no such thing as a non-religious Muslim, and one should really say 'non-practising' Muslim, but it's quite clear that that's what the OP is referring to. Nothing to do with 'believing without belonging', either. If anything, it's the opposite. :tongue:

(AJ KO -- will reply to your PM in a minute. :colondollar:)
Aww, what kind of things have you tried? I haven't tried anything yet, waiting for the right moment but I don't think I'll switch religion,

I know but I'm not giving up, I'll just pick myself up and try again.

I totally get you, but in a way I dont think that me and God have any type of connection like at all-half the time I don't know what to do....
Reply 324
Original post by Hydeman
Technically speaking, there's no such thing as a non-religious Muslim
My sentiments exactly.

Thank you. :cool:
Gotta wait three years if you want your parents permission, bit young!

Forget that! I can just use your permission! :biggrin:
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
I totally get you, but in a way I dont think that me and God have any type of connection like at all-half the time I don't know what to do....

That is the problem... You are waiting for god to go to you. Is the queen going to go to the prime-minister to have a chitchat? NO! The prime-minister will go to the Queen. Henceforth, you need to go to god, and not just stay there talking to him for a little while, every now and then. You need to go to god and seek for refuge and forgiveness everyday 5 times!!!
That is the problem... You are waiting for god to go to you. Is the queen going to go to the prime-minister to have a chitchat? NO! The prime-minister will go to the Queen. Henceforth, you need to go to god, and not just stay there talking to him for a little while, every now and then. You need to go to god and seek for refuge and forgiveness everyday 5 times!!!

You think I have not tried that?
Original post by AJ KO
My sentiments exactly.

Thank you. :cool:

I know there isnt but tol many people corrupt by this dunya and thats the sad truth that people fail to accept. But allahs all forgiving so if u choose to turn back to him in the right path then i guessthats what counts.
Reply 329
Why should i bother explaining anything to you.
I don't think that you can - without showing that you approve of the killing of apostates, adulterers, slavery, etc, or admitting that you think that Allah got it wrong.
And both of those options are pretty unacceptable, one way or another.
"Rock and a hard place".

Your a disbeliever and will remain one. Another thing i see majority things u post on is islam. I will never understand why disbelievers are so intrigued by islam lool and spend so much of their lives tryna figure it out when they could just put a sock in it.
See, the thing is, I have figured it out. It is quite easy if you aren't seeing it from inside a rose tinted bubble of cherry-picked indoctrination.

Like the issue of the killing and slavery above.
You are in turmoil because, deep down, you know that slavery and killing people for their beliefs or sexuality is wrong, yet on the surface, you have been told that Allah and Muhammad can't be wrong and their message is perfect.
And they say that the slavery and killing is ok.

I understand and feel for you. Honestly.
Reply 330
I know there isnt

You do now that @Hydeman confirmed it. :smile:
Forget that! I can just use your permission! :biggrin:

Is she a suitable match? You're so young, live your life first.

Aww well if you wish to leave then no one can stop you, just make the right choice and be happy :smile:
Is she a suitable match? You're so young, live your life first.

Aww well if you wish to leave then no one can stop you, just make the right choice and be happy :smile:

OK! I will

Spoiler

You think I have not tried that?

Yes :colonhash:

I don't want to regret it at the end....so I am letting time take its place-and then see what happens...
OK! I will

Spoiler

No, I don't do sarcasm lol. Of course I knew!
No, I don't do sarcasm lol. Of course I knew!

YAY! You knew!!! :dance:
Original post by AJ KO
You do now that @Hydeman confirmed it. :smile:

U smart u loyal
Reply 338
Please don't tell me to go pray. The only thing I do is eat halal meat but I feel as if I'm slipping away from my beliefs. Anyone else like that?

I grew up in a very cultural, non religious house and trust me, no one told me to pray. It was only when I was doing my GCSE'S that I started doing just a little bit of Zikr to deal with the stress and I felt so much better. Then I gradually progressed to maybe one prayer and then another. Believe me when I say it;s not easy. Especially if you have no one to guide you. It's taken me about four years to get into a proper routine to pray 5 times a day and I still struggle some days.
Don't feel like anyone is judging you. You don't have to pray and immediately become a good Muslim. I know plenty of Muslims who pray relgiously but their attitude is horrible.
All I would advise you to do is maybe think about what it means to a Muslim and how blessed you are to be born as one. Feel proud and try and reconnect with your religion, even if it's baby steps and takes a while. I hope you find peace in Islam, just as I did. :smile: Peace :smile: x
Reply 339
U smart u loyal

I do not appreciate you.

Quick Reply

Latest