The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Guys being gay is perfectly fine in Islam. As long as you dont act on it or talk about it. + There are loads of cures like threatening to kill you unless you marry and live the life of a lie with the opposite sex. This is why we are renowned for our tolerance and being the religion of peace
Original post by OGGUS
They aren't really Muslim then... think about it.
Muslims don't hate gays, they hate people who practice it.
Those people practice it because there possessed by something and need help.

errrr then if this is the case then how many muslims *are* there in the world? the figures say 1 billion but if you're saying you can't be a muslim and believe that homosexuality should be outlawed then there might be a couple of thousand if that?
Original post by Zain-A
I didn't deny anything. What i've been saying is its not just down to Islam.

We don't really care what it is caused by, though Islam and its related cultures seem to be the likely culprits. These are pretty worrying views. The main point is it means we have a significant minority of people in this country who are not integrated (by choice) with the rest of us.
Reply 143
Original post by Mactotaur
How can you be a Muslim if you don't practice Islam? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?

No you can be a non practicing muslim. They exist too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdilAD
No you can be a non practicing muslim. They exist too

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are they Muslims though? If you don't practice Christianity, you're not a Christian.
"More than half of British Muslims"
I don't even remember taking part in this study. I don't remember any of the British muslims I know taking part in this study.

So how many british Muslims actually are part of this study?
Reply 146
How are they Muslims though? If you don't practice Christianity, you're not a Christian.

I have nothing against any religion but there are many Islamic countries where if you are born a muslim and you convert to a different religion or atheist or agnostic, the price is the death sentence under sharia law. That's why the people who don't believe in Islam anymore don't shout about it because it's the death sentence. But im behind a computer screen no one can see me so I can shout about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Do more than half of British Muslims think that it should be legal to marry a nine year old like their prophet did?
Reply 148
Original post by Howard
Do more than half of British Muslims think that it should be legal to marry a nine year old like their prophet did?

That's really messed imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdilAD
I have nothing against any religion but there are many Islamic countries where if you are born a muslim and you convert to a different religion or atheist or agnostic, the price is the death sentence under sharia law. That's why the people who don't believe in Islam anymore don't shout about it because it's the death sentence. But im behind a computer screen no one can see me so I can shout about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're living in a country with the death sentence for thinking for yourself, you should move. Anywhere is better than that.
Reply 150
Original post by AdilAD
That's really messed imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you. No way should it be legal to marry a nine year old.
Original post by alkaline.
I don't even remember taking part in this study. I don't remember any of the British muslims I know taking part in this study.

Opinion polls. How do they work
Reply 152
If you're living in a country with the death sentence for thinking for yourself, you should move. Anywhere is better than that.

Luckily I don't live in one of those countries but I do have very religious parents and the wrath of a mother is way scarier than the death sentence lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Ironic that the LGBT community is one of the most vocal defenders of Islam.

This. It's utterly pathetic, I have no sympathy for the regressive LGBT morons that are apologists for religions that have nothing but hatred for how they live their lives (at best).
This poll doesn't mean **** anyway. Homosexuality is never going to be made illegal in the UK. If they want it to be illegal, they can leave. I don't agree with homosexuality either because of religious views but I think people should be entitled to behave in the way they want to- this is Britain after all, not communist North Korea.
LOL at the daily mail post "Muslims celebrate Eid Mubarak" tf you celebrate Eid, you don't "celebrate" a greeting lmao
Reply 156
Original post by ivybridge
That's because we understand what it's like to be treated like total trash. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you look at the history of gay rights in the United Kingdom, you'll see that we gave relentless support to the miners during the Thatcher era and that ended up building our support to a level that meant the age of consent was equalised and we started to gain much more widespread support and respect. There are many muslims out there who do not condemn homosexuals - in fact my best friend is a muslim and he and is family have been my biggest support system ever. We should focus on how there is still a relatively large percentage of the muslim population offerring support and I think this will grow.

also its very hard for the sample in newspaper surveys such as these to be totally representative of ALL british muslims
remember the **** the sun got in for their survey claiming a quarter of british muslims sympathised with jihadis
Original post by NickLCFC
I don't have a problem with people who are against/dislike homosexuality, but wanting to make it illegal because of that personal dislike is just wrong.

I have a problem with people who are against/dislike it. And an even greater problem with those who think it should illegal.
Original post by Trapz99
This poll doesn't mean **** anyway. Homosexuality is never going to be made illegal in the UK. If they want it to be illegal, they can leave. I don't agree with homosexuality either because of religious views but I think people should be entitled to behave in the way they want to- this is Britain after all, not communist North Korea.

So what's going to happen once the Muslim population in the UK outbreeds us and mass migrates and becomes the majority? They then use our democratic system to vote in an Islamic minded party and the game is over. I doubt this will happen this century however but your great grandchildren may be affected by it.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Guys being gay is perfectly fine in Islam. As long as you dont act on it or talk about it. + There are loads of cures like threatening to kill you unless you marry and live the life of a lie with the opposite sex. This is why we are renowned for our tolerance and being the religion of peace

I can't tell if this post is supposed to be sarcastic or not. To deny one of something intrinsic like sexuality is dangerously similar to discriminating one based on their skin colour.

Original post by alkaline.

It's a sample mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending