The Student Room Group

Tesco automatically rejects online application (good test answers) Reason?

So my friend's applying to tesco jobs online, the online test is filled in well enough since her answers are identical to mine (my manager told me mine were very high when I used to work there). Straight after the online test, a screen appears saying that she hasn't passed the initial screening or something. I tried applying for the same place with my profile and I got rejected the same way (using the same application that got me three interviews some time ago).
I know the reason is not the distance since we tried using places less than 30 miles away.
Also, some of the deadlines were a week or so away so it's unlikely that they've already found a person for the job. Maybe they also screen for the last time you edited your CV?
So what do you think it could be? Thanks!
P.S. she had secured two interviews before with roughly the same profile, although she edited it recently (the past experience section).
(edited 8 years ago)
did she apply for another tesco job before?
she could be on their banned list
Reply 2
Original post by bigmansouf
did she apply for another tesco job before?
she could be on their banned list

Yeah, she had gotten two interviews before. She couldn't go to the first one since she was just moving away (she explained this to them), but she did get the second one after that. Do you know what could someone get a ban for?
Original post by aval2
Yeah, she had gotten two interviews before. She couldn't go to the first one since she was just moving away (she explained this to them), but she did get the second one after that. Do you know what could someone get a ban for?

after the second one did she get accepted or rejected if she did and turned it down
most likely banned or banned due to poor performance from previous interview
same thing happen to me # i cannnot apply via online she as to speak to the store manager directly
Reply 4
Original post by bigmansouf
after the second one did she get accepted or rejected if she did and turned it down
most likely banned or banned due to poor performance from previous interview
same thing happen to me # i cannnot apply via online she as to speak to the store manager directly

She didn't get accepted on the second interview, but if banning on poor performance is possible then this might be it... although it doesn't explain why they automatically rejected me as well...
Reply 5
Original post by aval2
She didn't get accepted on the second interview, but if banning on poor performance is possible then this might be it... although it doesn't explain why they automatically rejected me as well...

Some companies have a policy that you cannot apply twice within a given time frame (e.g. 1 year). So that might have given her the automatic rejection. As to you, idk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending