The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paktriot
I eat everything except pork. :biggrin:

Keep it up!
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Erm, I changed my mind... I'll have four. What will be the fourth?

Bossy Rydemz 'cos it's street and urban.
My family's pretty religious but I slipped away from religion and started chasing my earthly desires. I hadn't prayed namaz for around a year and completely lost my purpose. Around 5 months ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression and just wished for death. I didn't know what to do. You might think I'm lying to get you back onto the deen but trust me, as a person who's been where you're possibly at right now, I was sort of cured when I started believing again.

one night when I was scrolling down my Instagram feed I came across an Islamic page. It wasn't extreme like the others, it didn't add any cultural crap (Pakistani's usually add their culture to religion which is actually prohibited in Islam as it makes it extremely difficult for people to practise Islam) it simply posted the straightforward laws of Islam. Anyways, I came across one of the posts on that page which talked about depression and how you can be free of it by remembering Allah and making dua so I gave it a shot. I didn't have anything to lose anyways. I made wudu and prepared myself for prayer and I'm not going to lie, I wasn't expecting anything to happen. After I prayed my Isha namaz I sat on the prayer mat and started making dua. Whilst making dua I was being hit by so many emotions and I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to ask for from Allah, I didn't know how to express my feelings so I just sat on the prayer mat crying knowing that if Allah was real he would know what I'm trying to say without me literally saying things to him, he would know the condition of my heart without me telling him. After about half an hour I got up and carried on with my daily tasks. That night I didn't feel any stress or worry whatsoever and it was the first night in over a year in which I had fallen asleep peacefully without crying. This helped me recognise the power of my lord and the love he has for me. He accepted the duas I hadn't even made. Since that day I have been trying my best to pray all 5 salahs and my life is now on track.

I'm not trying to manipulate anyone into praying but try it, it wont do you any harm but it might just change your life for the better.
Original post by Rhythmical
Bossy Rydemz 'cos it's street and urban.

Cool! I like it... But might wanna get rid of the d, I mean I need a daughter as well

Spoiler

Cool! I like it... But might wanna get rid of the d, I mean I need a daughter as well

Spoiler

Yes I got the pun, don't worry us oldies can keep up with you young ones xD and ooh Bossie Rhthems then
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Hell doesn't exist and saying this is hardly likely to make some on repent and turn back, you're more likely to push them even further away.

You cant really say Hell doesn't exist if you don't have solid proof. Just in case you reply saying I don't have any proof hell does exist, I didn't claim it does but as a practising Muslim, I believe it does.

Also, I agree with what you said about people turning away from religion when they're told they're going to be put in hell, its natural for people to act against what they're told
Yes I got the pun, don't worry us oldies can keep up with you young ones xD and ooh Bossie Rhythems then

Lets keep the y tho! And it's perfect!
Original post by animaria
Some people are weak than others thats why not people arent practicising than others, doesnt mean i wont defend my religion. And carry on judging, i hope u herd judging people makes u get their bad sins aswell? :wink: so carry on. And also by chatting so much **** about islam, ull have the whole population of islam which ur generalising from to stand against and account to on the day of judgement. And nah i dont understand everything coz im not a scholar u dumbass. But i sure know more than u ur just some dumb hindu. And yeah thay is ganesh LOL.

I would say it takes far more strength to not be religious, and also there will be no day of judgement since it does not exist.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I would say it takes far more strength to not be religious, and also there will be no day of judgement since it does not exist.

I dont get why ur here if u dont believe in islam? Please explain?
Original post by happylittlepill
You cant really say Hell doesn't exist if you don't have solid proof. Just in case you reply saying I don't have any proof hell does exist, I didn't claim it does but as a practising Muslim, I believe it does.

Also, I agree with what you said about people turning away from religion when they're told they're going to be put in hell, its natural for people to act against what they're told

If there is no solid or even slight proof of something like a god or hell then It is pretty safe to say they do not exist
Lets keep the y tho! And it's perfect!

I thought it looked cool though :frown:
I dont get why ur here if u dont believe in islam? Please explain?

Because there is a discussion going on, and I hope that I can provide some logical thinking
I thought it looked cool though :frown:

Erm, i think I will leave the name choosing to my wife! :biggrin:
Original post by happylittlepill

You really can for practical purposes. There's no evidence whatsoever for it and the concept makes no sense.

I presume you'd say that the gods you don't believe in aren't real.
Because there is a discussion going on, and I hope that I can provide some logical thinking

U cant coz ur not muslim and as u can see it says "non religion muslims" not non muslims. 😊😊😊
U cant coz ur not muslim and as u can see it says "non religion muslims" not non muslims. 😊😊😊

Well since this is a free place I can go wherever I want, and here is where I want to be.
Erm, i think I will leave the name choosing to my wife! :biggrin:

Please lower your gaze when looking at your future wife before marriage, it's haram.
Well since this is a free place I can go wherever I want, and here is where I want to be.

Ur sad lool. Maybe u should take ur thougts to I rak city 😊😊
Please lower your gaze when looking at your future wife before marriage, it's haram.

I haven't even looked at her properly... If you know what I mean :biggrin:
Vodka and Charlie all round when Wenger leaves Arsenal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending