The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sephiroth
So what's going to happen once the Muslim population in the UK outbreeds us and mass migrates and becomes the majority? They then use our democratic system to vote in an Islamic minded party and the game is over. I doubt this will happen this century however but your great grandchildren may be affected by it.

Yeah like that's going to happen when 96% of Britain isn't Muslim.
Reply 161
Original post by alkaline.
LOL at the daily mail post "Muslims celebrate Eid Mubarak" tf you celebrate Eid, you don't "celebrate" a greeting lmao

Wow. Eid isn't a greeting, its a Islamic Holiday after a month of fasting, Ramadan?
Reply 162
To be really fair, why are we getting facts from the Daily Mail and the Sun? Two of the most biased newspapers in this country, you can't read an article without noting the blatant objectivity towards white upper class right wingers.
Original post by Sgmjb
also its very hard for the sample in newspaper surveys such as these to be totally representative of ALL british muslims
remember the **** the sun got in for their survey claiming a quarter of british muslims sympathised with jihadis

This. It's just scaremongering aimed to create hostility between different groups, and it is very irresponsible because it is exactly what Isis wants. As a British Muslim it is upsetting to read things like that article as I know that it is not true; I belong to a large Muslim community and we are born and raised in Britain and hold very progressive views. And traditional attitudes are changing, mosques place a strong emphasis on tolerance and diversity and how the Quran teaches 'to you your way and to me mine.' Even the prophet pbuh's uncle wasn't muslim, but he loved and cared for him.
Although I know that people who believe these articles are few and far between and I shouldn't make generalisations as I would hate for people to generalise Muslims, sometimes I do question if society even accept me as British simply because I'm not white and I'm a Muslim. And that is why these articles are so dangerous, because they isolate young and easily influenced Muslims and make it easier for Isis to target them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah like that's going to happen when 96% of Britain isn't Muslim.

Official estimates based on government stats are for 2055, for a Muslim majority Britain, and this prediction was made with stats gathered BEFORE the 'migrant crisis' that has seen record numbers enter every subsequent year.

A smart bet would be within the century,as you said, a fairly safe bet would be within our lifetime.

Before then we will see, as we have seen all over Europe, Muslims targeting the gay community. Now that the Jews are fleeing Europe, whom do you think they will target next?

I'm betting places that cater specifically, if not exclusively, for homosexuals.
So what's going to happen once the Muslim population in the UK outbreeds us and mass migrates and becomes the majority? They then use our democratic system to vote in an Islamic minded party and the game is over. I doubt this will happen this century however but your great grandchildren may be affected by it.

It will happen this century. Just look at the demographic trends (specifically birth rates).
Original post by S.olk
To be really fair, why are we getting facts from the Daily Mail and the Sun? Two of the most biased newspapers in this country, you can't read an article without noting the blatant objectivity towards white upper class right wingers.

The other link was from the Sunday Times...
Reply 167
Original post by HucktheForde
Not true

Every gay muslim i met before are closet atheist and hates islam.

They can't be atheist and Muslim.
Original post by S.olk

The facts come from the ICM, they work for a number of organisations including the Guardian and the BBC. These stats were gathered for a channel 4 documentary that airs on Tuesday, I think.

The DM has only published them, it had nothing to do with the Survey.

If you had bothered to read the article instead of bashing the newspaper you would know this.
Reply 169
Original post by hannah.m124
This. It's just scaremongering aimed to create hostility between different groups, and it is very irresponsible because it is exactly what Isis wants. As a British Muslim it is upsetting to read things like that article as I know that it is not true; I belong to a large Muslim community and we are born and raised in Britain and hold very progressive views. And traditional attitudes are changing, mosques place a strong emphasis on tolerance and diversity and how the Quran teaches 'to you your way and to me mine.' Even the prophet pbuh's uncle wasn't muslim, but he loved and cared for him.
Although I know that people who believe these articles are few and far between and I shouldn't make generalisations as I would hate for people to generalise Muslims, sometimes I do question if society even accept me as British simply because I'm not white and I'm a Muslim. And that is why these articles are so dangerous, because they isolate young and easily influenced Muslims and make it easier for Isis to target them.Posted from TSR Mobile

Could agree with this more!!! 100% true, stupid surveys like just alienate Muslims more and make them more susceptible and attracted to messages like the one Isis preaches.
Reply 170
Chill and eat some ass
Original post by hannah.m124
Although I know that people who believe these articles are few and far between and I shouldn't make generalisations as I would hate for people to generalise Muslims, sometimes I do question if society even accept me as British simply because I'm not white and I'm a Muslim. And that is why these articles are so dangerous, because they isolate young and easily influenced Muslims and make it easier for Isis to target them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Truly, Muslims are the real victims........... this is basically reads as a veiled threat, what you have typed, whether you are aware of it or not.

We had better not print facts in our newspapers about what Muslims are openly saying or ISIS will come and get us, or Muslims will sign up for ISIS if we don't tread carefully.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Official estimates based on government stats are for 2055, for a Muslim majority Britain, and this prediction was made with stats gathered BEFORE the 'migrant crisis' that has seen record numbers enter every subsequent year.

A smart bet would be within the century,as you said, a fairly safe bet would be within our lifetime.

Before then we will see, as we have seen all over Europe, Muslims targeting the gay community. Now that the Jews are fleeing Europe, whom do you think they will target next?

I'm betting places that cater specifically, if not exclusively, for homosexuals.

It's really worrying and I can only see it ending in a bloody civil war or at worse another holocaust in Europe.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
And how many gay muslims do you think reside in the UK?

I am talking about the vast majority of the gay movement, which does anything to fuse their perceived plight with that of ethnic minorities. Not even if that religion would rather see them killed.

Don't equate ethnic minorities with Islam. Most actual minorities when relative to the world population are probably not muslim.
Reply 174
The facts come from the ICM, they work for a number of organisations including the Guardian and the BBC. These stats were gathered for a channel 4 documentary that airs on Tuesday, I think.

The DM has only published them, it had nothing to do with the Survey.

If you had bothered to read the article instead of bashing the newspaper you would know this.

If you knew anything about the world of broadsheet newspapers abd the world of publication you would know that theses newspapers adapt this information all the time just to do the scaremongering that they want. so half of these facts may not even be the real thing but they may have been altered. And I can bash the newspaper if I want especially if it is a piece of a biased crap written in favour of a group of people in society-going against every ethic a newspaper should upload.
Truly, Muslims are the real victims........... this is basically reads as a veiled threat, what you have typed, whether you are aware of it or not.

We had better not print facts in our newspapers about what Muslims are openly saying or ISIS will come and get us, or Muslims will sign up for ISIS if we don't tread carefully.

You have totally misinterpreted what I said. I made no reference to Isis 'coming to get us' and I am not saying 'Muslims will sign up for Isis.' Nor am I trying to paint Muslims as the victims, I am simple stating my view and trying to show you why, as a young British Muslim, I am disheartened by such articles. I stand by my view that they create rifts between society at a time when we should be working together, but it is clear that we hold different views so let's just agree to disagree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
Original post by Zain-A
Do you not understand that a Muslim living in London and a Muslim living elsewhere is brought up in a different environment. There are several cultural issues prevalent in the Muslim community of people not wanting to let go of their own prejudices.

Any it still cannot be claimed half of all British Muslims want to ban homosexuality, because that sample size and location isn't representative of the whole nation.

Yeah, I'm sure that the Muslims living in Rochdale or Bradford are much more tolerant than those living in London. :rolleyes:
It's really worrying and I can only see it ending in a bloody civil war or at worse another holocaust in Europe.

I think of it like this, there were a small number of people who were warning of the dangers of Hitler / Germany in the 1930's. Those people were ridiculed. Then the appeasement began, which led to the problem at the time, Hitler / Germany becoming stronger and stronger, and still the doubters were ignored, then in a relatively short space of time, boom!

Does that remind you of anything?

Sadly, most people will only learn / listen when it is practically too late to avoid the issue.
Original post by Josb
Yeah, I'm sure that the Muslims living in Rochdale or Bradford are much more tolerant than those living in London. :rolleyes:

Nah man Birmingham lot probably more tolerant.

At secondary school the Muslims guys were fine albeit at about 15+ they started hanging around in a big group and didn't want to integrate as they used to, they had their own corner of the school field lol. I used to go and chat to them sometimes, reasonably okay albeit the whole "Do you consider yourselves British?" "Erm....nah Muslim mate". I kept trying to explain national identity and religion are two separate things but I used to get "yeah but Muslim first though init"....smile, sigh inside, walk away.

It's hardly a surprising survery result though, if western Christianity hadn't been watered down due to secular influence (for the most ;part anyhow) you'd get the same answers from Christians. Both religious texts wish death upon homosexuals who act upon their sexuality. There's plenty of places in Africa where your Christian community ain't going to take kindly to any queers.
Original post by The_Opinion
I think of it like this, there were a small number of people who were warning of the dangers of Hitler / Germany in the 1930's. Those people were ridiculed. Then the appeasement began, which led to the problem at the time, Hitler / Germany becoming stronger and stronger, and still the doubters were ignored, then in a relatively short space of time, boom!

Does that remind you of anything?

Sadly, most people will only learn / listen when it is practically too late to avoid the issue.

Those who cannot remember the past, etc, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending