The Student Room Group

Feeling anxious about starting uni??

I know I'm not the only whose stressed about uni. I guess everyone is but I was hoping if anyone could answer or relate to how I'm feeling?

Feeling pressure to complete all the work on my course?
Feeling anxious if I'll fit in and get along with my flat mates?
If I'll understand the work?
Complete the work load?
Get used to lectures?
Get used to living away from home?

Thanks... All opinions/views counted!!!'
Original post by AJMistry
I know I'm not the only whose stressed about uni. I guess everyone is but I was hoping if anyone could answer or relate to how I'm feeling?

Complete the work load?
Get used to lectures?

All of those are normal fears for starting uni, everyone is in the same boat and for the most part you're peers you will be experiencing similar things. 1st year is sort of an easing in year to get everyone at the same level so the workload and lectures shouldnt be too bad to start with, many universities offer workshops and other things for help with any academic problems. Everyones different but i got used to living away from home quite quickly. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by AJMistry

Complete the work load?
Get used to lectures?

Hello there,

First of all; what you are feeling is completely natural. You aren't alone in this feeling, it's extremely common and a lot of students feel this way and a lot of the feelings never go away. You just learn to cope!

1. There will be pressure to complete the work on your course but you'll learn to cope with the load. That's what first year is about, you'll learn how to juggle things and how to timetable everything so you can do things at a certain time and what not. You'll fall into the life of a student.
2. You'll fit in! Don't worry. 99.9% you'll get on with your flat mates, it's rare you won't. If you don't, you'll make friends through your course and socities - where people share the same passions as you, so you'll fit in.
3. If you don't understand the work, approach your lecturer or fellow students. You and your fellow students are all in the same boat and you can help each other - but if not, it's what the lecturers are for.
4. You'll complete the work load! It'll just happen, you'll just do it. Don't stress yourself over something like that - if you are struggling, there is support there.
5. You'll fall into life in lectures. You'll get used to the times and how they run and may come to like them or loath them. Whichever comes first but lectures are lectures!
6. Everybody deals with living away from home in different ways. Some fall right into it and love it, some struggle and take a bit longer, some just can't do it all together. It's just about getting there and submerging yourself in university life.

All of this is taking from me, my friends, personal experiences and so on and so fourth. Just try not to overthink to much and know that all of this is completely natural! If you need anything else, feel free to private message me.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending