The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJ KO
Shiaphobia and kuffiraophobia are real man

It hurts man :cry2:
Original post by Shadow Warrior
For u to say that God doesnt exist you must be able to say what or who God is. Think about it this way: A tree is a tree. You know what a tree is. If someone then looked at pencil and says that this isnt a tree, they are correct (i know it is a trivial statement). But they can only say that, if they know what a tree is. If they dont know what a tree is then they cannot say that something isnt tree. So u to imply that God
doesnt exist doesnt work.
Now referring to your unicorn idiom. Your are saying that we cannot prove the existance of something that is invisible and undectable. But... what about something that is smaller than a plank length. We cannot see it and there are no instruments to detect something smaller than ~6.63E-34 so while it is unlikely that there is a random creature on your head, we cannot be certain about things that arent detectable.
Thank you for having this intellectual conversation with me

Well we know what isnt a god, everything, so therefore we know that no gods exist?
Reply 422
Original post by childofthesun
It hurts man :cry2:

Hatred of Shias/Ahmadis etc is so widespread amongst Sunni schools of though (insofar as such individuals 'think' about anything in general). It's sad. Shias are clearly the more tolerant, reasonable and less extremist sect.
Original post by AJ KO
The views that vile Sunni espoused are not atypical in Sunni communities across the world.

Also, some sect's, strongly, believe in the downfall of Jews and Israel, partly because they have democracy. It's sad, because this hatred doesen't exist in Islam. And yeaaah, its funny because Shia's are more liberated than Sunni's (I believe) and actually, logically, make more sense.
For u to say that God doesnt exist you must be able to say what or who God is. Think about it this way: A tree is a tree. You know what a tree is. If someone then looked at pencil and says that this isnt a tree, they are correct (i know it is a trivial statement). But they can only say that, if they know what a tree is. If they dont know what a tree is then they cannot say that something isnt tree. So u to imply that God
doesnt exist doesnt work.

What a load of bull****.

Now referring to your unicorn idiom. Your are saying that we cannot prove the existance of something that is invisible and undectable. But... what about something that is smaller than a plank length. We cannot see it and there are no instruments to detect something smaller than ~6.63E-34 so while it is unlikely that there is a random creature on your head, we cannot be certain about things that arent detectable.

You missed the point of what I was saying. My point is that the Burden of Proof lies with you, and if I were to make claims about my little french unicorn, it would lie with me. You cannot disprove that there is a deity. Just how you also cannot disprove there is an invisible, undetectable unicorn on my head. However, it's my job to prove that it does infact, exist if I am so certain it does.
Original post by Hydeman
To paraphrase something that I read recently: it's the height of stupidity to think that the same merciful god that didn't prevent the Holocaust will help you pass your exams. Puerile, yes, but it makes the point just fine. :wink:

lool its like me saying ,god isn't merciful because he isn't stopping the genocide that's happening in Syria ,but really god is testing us ,sometimes things happen to us that we may think its bad, but really at the end we gain some benefit from .people of syria never use to be practising but now during the genocide many people have turned back to Allah
Original post by hezzlington
What a load of bull****.

You missed the point of what I was saying. My point is that the Burden of Proof lies with you, and if I were to make claims about my little french unicorn, it would lie with me. You cannot disprove that there is a deity. Just how you also cannot disprove there is an invisible, undetectable unicorn on my head. However, it's my job to prove that it does infact, exist if I am so certain it does.

Listen, can you just piss off, like legit, because if you look at the thread's title and your comment's, there an evident inbalance. Bye. :bee2:
What a load of bull****.

In what way is the first bit "bull****"

For the second bit. You said it yourself there is no way to disprove a deity.
Reply 428
Original post by Oblivion99
Also, some sect's, strongly, believe in the downfall of Jews and Israel, partly because they have democracy.

Mohammad had his own problems with the Jews...

It's sad, because this hatred doesen't exist in Islam.

Sadly, it really does. To extent to which it does depends on how you interpret the Quran, if you follow the hadith, etc, but there's no doubt that this hatred can be derived from Islam.

And yeaaah, its funny because Shia's are more liberated than Sunni's (I believe) and actually, logically, make more sense.

I agree.
Original post by chillygirl
lool its like me saying ,god isn't merciful because he isn't stopping the genocide that's happening in Syria ,but really god is testing us ,sometimes things happen to us that we may think its bad, but really at the end we gain some benefit from .people of syria never use to be practising but now during the genocide many people have turned back to Allah

So are you saying that the best way God can test people is through a genocide.
Original post by AJ KO
Mohammad had his own problems with the Jews...

Sadly, it really does. To extent to which it does depends on how you interpret the Quran, if you follow the hadith, etc, but there's no doubt that this hatred can be derived from Islam.

I agree.

The "Jew" problem was because of religious indifferences in the Middle East. Obviously the reign of a new religion, belief system, was going to irritate the Jews. However, there were harmonious occasions between the Jews too. I don't see no problems with Jews, and it annoys me at the slightest when Islamic Imam's try to preach hate against them, and use Israel as propganda. Like no? Israel has democracy, liberation and money unlike the rest of the middle east.
Reply 431
sometimes things happen to us that we may think its bad, but really at the end we gain some benefit from .people of syria never use to be practising but now during the genocide many people have turned back to Allah

****ing hell. That is the most disgusting thing I have read in a long time.

You think a genocide is good in the LR if it means more Syrians (those than survive, at least) become Muslims? Your parents failed you, and I don't say that lightly.
Listen, can you just piss off, like legit, because if you look at the thread's title and your comment's, there an evident inbalance. Bye. :bee2:

What don't you like about my comments?

In what way is the first bit "bull****"

For the second bit. You said it yourself there is no way to disprove a deity.

That statement isn't just limited to disproving a deity. Think about why you can't disprove that there is a deity.

That statement isn't just limited to disproving a deity. Think about why you can't disprove that there is a deity.

Its not your comment as much, but the replies that come after it. Just clogging up this thread with futility and irrelevance.
Reply 434
The "Jew" problem was because of religious indifferences in the Middle East. Obviously the reign of a new religion, belief system, was going to irritate the Jews.

I was referring to the fact that Mo was no friend of the Jews.

In the Constitution of Medina, Jews were given equality to Muslims in exchange for political loyalty.[2][13] However, after each major battle with the Medinans, there were accusations of Jewish tribal treachery for aiding the enemies of the community in violation of the Constitution of Medina.[14] After Badr and Uhud, the Banu Qainuqa and Banu Nadir, respectively, were expelled "with their families and possessions" from Medina.According to the Jewish Encyclopedia, Muhammad became increasingly hostile to the Jews over time as he "perceived that there were irreconcilable differences between their religion and his, especially when the belief in his prophetic mission became the criterion of a true Moslem."

I don't see no problems with Jews, and it annoys me at the slightest when Islamic Imam's try to preach hate against them, and use Israel as propganda. Like no? Israel has democracy, liberation and money unlike the rest of the middle east.

It's because they are on "muslim land" and killing muslims. Yet Saudi killing muslims in Yemen, or Lebanon discriminating heavily against Palestinians do not seem to qualify as worthy enough incidents to unite the ummah against.
Its not your comment as much, but the replies that come after it. Just clogging up this thread with futility and irrelevance.

Fair enough. Apologies.
lool its like me saying ,god isn't merciful because he isn't stopping the genocide that's happening in Syria

Given the tone with which you say that, it would seem that you think that that's a ludicrous thing to think/say, when in actual fact it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask of an apparently merciful god. :holmes:

but really god is testing us

All such explanations are invariably made without any evidence, and are not offered in the opposite scenario. Say you come out of your exams with top grades -- will you be thinking 'god works in mysterious ways' or thinking of it as anything other than clear blessing? I highly doubt you would. It makes no sense to accept the good in your life with no thought for whether it's punishment in disguise but to seek to rationalise genocide by claiming that there's some long-term benefit to be had. I mean, at least think before you say something as crass as that. :erm:

sometimes things happen to us that we may think its bad, but really at the end we gain some benefit from

Addressed above.

people of syria never use to be practising but now during the genocide many people have turned back to Allah

That's a silly, untrue generalisation. In any case, it has no bearing on what we're talking about; even the most ardent atheist might be heard shouting 'oh my god!' if he finds himself on a crashing plane. If anything, that just shows that religion is most effective when people's critical faculties are most compromised. That's not a compliment, you know. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

I believe we are at a stalemate. While you do have a point to certain extent. I still follow my religion and believe that there is something out there, because religion gives me purpose for life. Thank you for your time.
Original post by AJ KO
I was referring to the fact that Mo was no friend of the Jews.

It's because they are on "muslim land" and killing muslims. Yet Saudi killing muslims in Yemen, or Lebanon discriminating heavily against Palestinians do not seem to qualify as worthy enough incidents to unite the ummah against.

Wait are you Muslim? SAUDI ARABIA is the second, most, cultic civilisation in the world after ISIS. Their school of Islam, and their ideologies and political advancements are all diabolic. But the whole world fails to see that, they're allies with them *free oil baby*

Not really. Its Hamas that's causing all the problems. However I don't believe in the slightest they were using children as shields. Loads of bs, to increase the death toll.
Original post by AJ KO
Hatred of Shias/Ahmadis etc is so widespread amongst Sunni schools of though (insofar as such individuals 'think' about anything in general). It's sad. Shias are clearly the more tolerant, reasonable and less extremist sect.

I'm aware,although I don't really feel such hatred from the Sunnis I know. In Lebanon it's not like that,there may be political differences but Sunnis and Shias do not hate each other(generally),which is why I was especially upset/angry when I heard about the ISIS attack in Lebanon a few months ago. It's so annoying to see people spout sectarian bs on here and hate on Shias/other religious groups. That sort of thinking is toxic and does nothing but fuel intolerance and hatred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending