The Student Room Group

The NHS is amazing !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmashConcept
I don't have an opinion on whatever you think about politics.

1) my avatar is an obvious factor here
2) I at least criticised the NHS. but I never asked to get knocked out on a night out. but you're saying it's funny even though I did nothing wrong.
so...?
Original post by FarageCollage
1) my avatar is an obvious factor here
2) I at least criticised the NHS. but I never asked to get knocked out on a night out. but you're saying it's funny even though I did nothing wrong.
so...?

I assumed your avatar was a joke and I don't see how it could be anything but funny.
I assumed your avatar was a joke and I don't see how it could be anything but funny.

so how come a random person getting knocked out by a belligerent wasted drunken criminal is "funny" but, for instance, a woman getting raped by a drunken belligerent criminal *isn't*? I take it you think rape is a very serious problem, right? so why isn't a person getting knocked out?

justify it, based not on political prejudice
(edited 8 years ago)
so how come a random person getting knocked out by a belligerent wasted drunken criminal is "funny" but, for instance, a woman getting raped by a drunken belligerent criminal *isn't*? I take it you think rape is a very serious problem, right? so why isn't a person getting knocked out?

justify it

How did this conversation get to rape lmfao??

Did the guy also rape you :console:
How did this conversation get to rape lmfao??

Did the guy also rape you :console:

rape and GBH are both violent crime.
answer the question. justify it.
rape and GBH are both violent crime.
answer the question. justify it.

Honestly I thought the only reason you were even telling the story of getting beaten up was to entertain us. Rape isn't entertaining that's obvious to anyone SMH
Honestly I thought the only reason you were even telling the story of getting beaten up was to entertain us. Rape isn't entertaining that's obvious to anyone SMH

I wasn't
why would you even assume that?
would you assume that a woman's rape story was comedic too?
I was saying that this is why the NHS is flawed, based on my own experience - how is that funny?
I wasn't
why would you even assume that?
would you assume that a woman's rape story was comedic too?
I was saying that this is why the NHS is flawed, based on my own experience - how is that funny?

Why would anyone not assume that??!?!

I already told you there's nothing funny about rape. Honestly the fact that you can't grasp this is probably one of the main reasons people find it funny when you get sucker punched no offense.
Why would anyone not assume that??!?!

I already told you there's nothing funny about rape. Honestly the fact that you can't grasp this is probably one of the main reasons people find it funny when you get sucker punched no offense.

why is rape funny but GBH isn't? what about a "sucker-rape"? I'm sorry I'm appealing to your logic here, not mine. it's you who should be ashamed.
why is rape funny but GBH isn't? what about a "sucker-rape"? I'm sorry I'm appealing to your logic here, not mine. it's you who should be ashamed.

Rape isn't funny I already told you that. Pretty disturbing that you can't get the message here.
but you said violent crime was funny

Only the violent crime that happened to you :confused:
Only the violent crime that happened to you :confused:

why me other than political prejudice?
what about if *I* was raped? would that make rape from "not funny" to "funny" just because you have such strong political prejudices that this is more important than ethics? well there you go
(edited 8 years ago)
Why do you think I have political prejudices against you when I don't really know what you think about politics??

I criticised the NHS! if I'm criticising the NHS then obviously my politics are more against the left and more towards the right
and, again, that's in parallel to my avatar whether you take it seriously or not

Obviously if you got raped it wouldn't be funny unless it was one of those classic incidents when someone gets their head stuck in a bottle bank which let's face it probably would be the case :rofl:

how is THAT funny? if I were a woman and I got raped because I got stuck in a bottle bank (an inbetweeners reference, but whatever) you'd be laughing at that?!
I criticised the NHS! if I'm criticising the NHS then obviously my politics are more against the left and more towards the right
and, again, that's in parallel to my avatar whether you take it seriously or not

I thought UKIP favoured the NHS though :confused: when they need to pretend not to be a single issue party I mean. I'm sure you know more than me though because UKIP voters tend to be a fairly intelligent and detail oriented people (haha lol)

how is THAT funny? if I were a woman and I got raped because I got stuck in a bottle bank (an inbetweeners reference, but whatever) you'd be laughing at that?!

WTF are you crazy that's not funny at all. It's not cool to laugh at a woman getting her head stuck in a bottle bank because why would she be putting her head in a bottle bank in the first place?!?! Someone must have forced her and that's pretty sick dude. Who said anything about women in the first place?? Also that story was around before the Inbetweeners FYI.
I thought UKIP favoured the NHS though :confused: when they need to pretend not to be a single issue party I mean. I'm sure you know more than me though because UKIP voters tend to be a fairly intelligent and detail oriented people (haha lol)

1) I criticised the NHS, I didn't say "cut it"
2) who said I was UKIP? I said "right wing"
3) dude I don't care, you criticising UKIP means nothing to me

WTF are you crazy that's not funny at all. It's not cool to laugh at a woman getting her head stuck in a bottle bank because why would she be putting her head in a bottle bank in the first place?!?! Someone must have forced her and that's pretty sick dude. Who said anything about women in the first place?? Also that story was around before the Inbetweeners FYI.

YOU'RE saying (or implying, via your own logic) that it's funny! wtf why would ANYBODY get their head stuck? it's not about whether or not they get their head ****ing stuck - nobody deserves rape, just like nobody deserves to be GBH'd! if you're saying a woman getting raped (a violent crime) is serious, why is my situation any ****ing different objectively? ****ing justify this
1) I criticised the NHS, I didn't say "cut it"
2) who said I was UKIP? I said "right wing"
3) dude I don't care, you criticising UKIP means nothing to me

So your avatar is a clue to your politics and your avatar is about UKIP but you don't support UKIP.

I see.

You seem concussed mate, how long is it since your last night out?

YOU'RE saying (or implying, via your own logic) that it's funny! wtf why would ANYBODY get their head stuck? it's not about whether or not they get their head ****ing stuck - nobody deserves rape, just like nobody deserves to be GBH'd! if you're saying a woman getting raped (a violent crime) is serious, why is my situation any ****ing different objectively? ****ing justify this

Your scenario is objectively different to a woman getting raped because you're not a woman and you didn't get raped.
Yeah NHS is brilliant really winds me up when people say there crap, I mean for a free service what more could you ask for ?? They see patients on behalf of priority, who ever is worse will get seen first, but everyone can still get seen and it does not matter how much money you have in your pocket. Unlike some countries who wont even look at you if you dont have money !
So your avatar is a clue to your politics and your avatar is about UKIP but you don't support UKIP.

I see.

You seem concussed mate, how long is it since your last night out?

no? I said that you had clearly made the generalisation that just because I have this avatar, like some people, you assume that I'm UKIP - I'm not. I am right wing but I am not UKIP.

**** off with your patronising ********

Your scenario is objectively different to a woman getting raped because you're not a woman and you didn't get raped.

why is gender important here? I thought men and women were equal? I'm a man who isn't strong - how am I any different as a matter of objectivity? and who said I did get raped? pay attention
no? I said that you had clearly made the generalisation that just because I have this avatar, like some people, you assume that I'm UKIP - I'm not. I am right wing but I am not UKIP.

But I didn't make a generalisation from your avatar because I thought it was a joke. Then you said it isn't a joke and now you're saying it's a joke again.

why is gender important here? I thought men and women were equal? I'm a man who isn't strong - how am I any different as a matter of objectivity? and who said I did get raped? pay attention

Gender is important in the bottle bank situation because when a man puts his head in a bottle bank it's buffoonish recklessness but when a woman does it she was probably forced. Try to keep up please.
But I didn't make a generalisation from your avatar because I thought it was a joke. Then you said it isn't a joke and now you're saying it's a joke again.

...then why have you continuously blamed me for being attacked for no reason...?!

Gender is important in the bottle bank situation because when a man puts his head in a bottle bank it's buffoonish recklessness but when a woman does it she was probably forced. Try to keep up please.

no, you don't know that she was forced. that's insane. so you're saying "gender is important because I'm making a baseless generalisation which isn't important". and men aren't baffoons - I can't believe you expect me to take you seriously. I literally cannot. and oh wow you basically just said what I said at the end but rephrased it. well done :|

Quick Reply

Latest