The Student Room Group

Epq ideas

I want to study Chemistry & Spanish and for A levels I currently study Maths Biology Chemistry and Spanish.
For my epq , I'm not sure whether to go down the chemistry route, or spanish route and if there is even a brilliant way i could combine both??

EDIT: Now decided nanotechnology- need help phrasing title
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wisteria_xo
I want to study Chemistry & Spanish and for A levels I currently study Maths Biology Chemistry and Spanish.
I'm not sure whether to go down the chemistry route, or spanish route and if there is even a brilliant way i could combine both??

Do you want to go to university in the future?
Original post by claireestelle
Do you want to go to university in the future?

Yeah to study chemistry hopefully, I've decided for my EPQ to be entered Nanotechnology but I can't decide if to write about the use in the military or sports (possible leading to performance enhancing)
This may be a shot in the dark but maybe you could try nanotechnology in sports and try get an interview out of a spanish football team?

Not sure if that really combines them in the way you thought but interviews can certainly be a good thing to have on your project
Original post by QuantumSnowy
This may be a shot in the dark but maybe you could try nanotechnology in sports and try get an interview out of a spanish football team?

Not sure if that really combines them in the way you thought but interviews can certainly be a good thing to have on your project

Haha thats actually a really good idea, I like that a lot!

I'm really struggling to phrase the title atm, I found a title "'Considering the recent advantages in nanotechnology, should this be a science used in the food industry and will it be to our advantage'' I don't know how to adapt it for sports to include the ethics of possible a manufactured>athletic performance if you understand? :smile:
Original post by Wisteria_xo
I'm not sure whether to go down the chemistry route, or spanish route and if there is even a brilliant way i could combine both??

go to a Spanish uni and do a chem course there
When I did my project the title went through major whittling down processes as my research went on the title for my essay became more apparent, so if I was i your shoes, I'd just slap down any title that involves nanotech in sports and do a bit more research till you find the question that really fits your goals.

It may help to include a to what extent in the title, e.g "To what extent is the use of nanotechnology unethical in sport" (a bit vague perhaos but you get the idea), it allows you to get some investigation and opinion in there as well as just being a simpe statement.

If anything its more to write about in your production log
When I did my project the title went through major whittling down processes as my research went on the title for my essay became more apparent, so if I was i your shoes, I'd just slap down any title that involves nanotech in sports and do a bit more research till you find the question that really fits your goals.

It may help to include a to what extent in the title, e.g "To what extent is the use of nanotechnology unethical in sport" (a bit vague perhaos but you get the idea), it allows you to get some investigation and opinion in there as well as just being a simpe statement.

If anything its more to write about in your production log

Ahhh i see thank you so much, can you edit the title continually through the process?
I've started to do more research hopefully it will take some shape!
As long as you justify your reasons in changing the title it shouldn't be a problem, heck it may even get you more marks as it shows you have been reflecting on your project, there are limits as to how much you can change your title by, but as long as the general focus is the same (I assume nanotechnology in sport) it shouldn't be a problem

But make sure you explain everything, I mean EVERYTHING
As long as you justify your reasons in changing the title it shouldn't be a problem, heck it may even get you more marks as it shows you have been reflecting on your project, there are limits as to how much you can change your title by, but as long as the general focus is the same (I assume nanotechnology in sport) it shouldn't be a problem

But make sure you explain everything, I mean EVERYTHING

You've cleared up so many problems for me thank you! I tend to overexplain pointless things hopefullyy it works out for the best!

Quick Reply

Latest