The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi,

My application for the second year of my course has been approved. However, when checking the entitlement summary on the website it says that as an EU student I cannot get a maintenance loan, while I was given a grant. Today, I got a letter from the student finance saying I got both the maintenance loan and the grant as well. How come the website provides a different information?

Thanks

JG

BTW. I have been living in the UK for over 4 years and applied before it changed to having to live int the UK for 5 years in order to be able to apply as though I was a UK national.
Original post by JGCZE
Hi,

My application for the second year of my course has been approved. However, when checking the entitlement summary on the website it says that as an EU student I cannot get a maintenance loan, while I was given a grant. Today, I got a letter from the student finance saying I got both the maintenance loan and the grant as well. How come the website provides a different information?

Thanks

JG

BTW. I have been living in the UK for over 4 years and applied before it changed to having to live int the UK for 5 years in order to be able to apply as though I was a UK national.

You're not the only EU student who met the deadline who is getting this message. It seems like the website isn't capable of dealing with different circumstances based on when people applied and so is treating all applicants the same. Your letter is official and means you're ok - but if you're worried phone up SFE and ask them to confirm that the letter supersedes the information on the website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending