The Student Room Group

£10 haircut

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yeahwbu
There not completely qualified hairdressers, that's why so cheap but corner barber shops!

Original post by Inexorably
I know certain institutes like colleges or universities or places that train hairdressers might offer lower prices as it's a trainee doing it, but I'm not sure if they're bountiful.Apart from that, honeslty I've never seen anywhere offer below £8.

Ah, I see, I wouldn't trust 'em with my hair :lol:
Reply 21
Original post by Alexion
Ah, I see, I wouldn't trust 'em with my hair :lol:

Inedeed not; get what you pay for, lol!
The place I go gives me a really good haircut for £6, plus they have an Nintendo 64 which i can use while I am waiting to get my turn, also I still get a lolly pop when I am done (I will never stop getting those lolly pops).
Original post by Trapz99
Who spends that much on just a haircut? Lol

£10? Much? That's like less than half of what I pay, how long does it take to cut your hair if they do it for under a tenner? Like 5 minutes?
Original post by Dinasaurus
£10? Much? That's like less than half of what I pay, how long does it take to cut your hair if they do it for under a tenner? Like 5 minutes?

I'm a guy so I don't know how much girls pay but I get my hair cut at some shady Asian place in South London where they charge £5. They only take like 10-15 minutes for a cut. They don't speak English though so you might have a hard time.

I'm being fully serious btw
Original post by Trapz99
I'm a guy so I don't know how much girls pay but I get my hair cut at some shady Asian place in South London where they charge £5. They only take like 10-15 minutes for a cut. They don't speak English though so you might have a hard time.

I'm being fully serious btw

I'm a guy, I only ever went to one of those Asian barbers once when I was young, they literally just cut my hair to like a 3 all over and I remember literally crying, I was maybe like 8 years old.
I'm a guy, I only ever went to one of those Asian barbers once when I was young, they literally just cut my hair to like a 3 all over and I remember literally crying, I was maybe like 8 years old.

How much do you pay lol
Original post by Trapz99
How much do you pay lol

Between £18 to £25 depending on the level of the stylist, but I tend to go based on time not on price. So whoever is first to be free.

I tend to get a drink, they wash my hair, give me a little head massage, put my feet up on this like recliner. I also get my hair styled after it's cut.
The Toni and Guy academy usually offer completely free haircuts, with the catch being that it's done by a student hairdresser. Only about 4 students in a room at a time though and there's always someone supervising them. I think Headmasters also offer this. Not sure about other cities but it's pretty common for hair academies to offer free cuts in London.
£7 for me but then a beard trim is £3 so £10 altogether lol
Between £18 to £25 depending on the level of the stylist, but I tend to go based on time not on price. So whoever is first to be free.

I tend to get a drink, they wash my hair, give me a little head massage, put my feet up on this like recliner. I also get my hair styled after it's cut.

Woah you must be rich af
I pay £13 and I'm a guy
Original post by Trapz99
Woah you must be rich af

I wouldn't say so, I think it's just cause my mum's hair type requires her haircuts to be quite expensive so if she gives me money to cut mine, my haircuts are cheap in comparison.
I pay $12 but the quality of the cut varies wildly at the place I go to. I found the people I like so now I have to do a walk past to check out who's there on a particular day before I enter.

Quick Reply

Latest