The Student Room Group

do you see a lot of things differently now you are older

as a grown adult I look back on my childhood and things that happened in the past like things at school and things with my parents and view them completely now that I am an adult. Does anyone else get this
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. I mostly look back and realise how petty/insignificant a lot of the drama from school was.
I look down on boobs whereas I used to look up to them when I was smaller/younger.
Yes I do too
Yea, this sums up my adult world view
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Yes. I mostly look back and realise how petty/insignificant a lot of the drama from school was.

Yea, totally agree. Though I did try to stay away from most of the drama, I remember being so hung up about pettish rumours/gossip in school. I swear, students were so excited about fights. Now looking back it was totally pointless. Everyone has moved on with their different lives and pathways.
Because I'm only 18- I'll probably see now as how I see then currently, once I'm like 24. If that makes sense. Basically, it's amazing how much people can grow/become aware of life with experience and a few years.
Reply 6
Yes. I seem to be able to look at the bigger picture and offer advise being able to understand situations more than I would when I was younger. :yep:
Everyone does...

they have more sense. They start to understand themselves and their surroundings

I see the world very differently now than i do when I was 11
I remember when I first went to secondary school, when I looked at the balcony, I'd see the railings. Then I was able to see over the railings and actually see out ahead. Now I don't even see school.
Reply 9
Yes. I am especially like that with the view of looking back to my school days and realising I should have pushed myself harder and not let trivial things annoy me as much as it did then. I regret that now that I'm older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XOR_
Yea, this sums up my adult world view

That was... beautiful.
So accurate with so much logic yet so abstract, tender and poetic. I'm properly not making any sense but love it. Saved it on my desktop. If you have any more, please share <3
Reply 11
Original post by Cherry82
That was... beautiful.
So accurate with so much logic yet so abstract, tender and poetic. I'm properly not making any sense but love it. Saved it on my desktop. If you have any more, please share <3

It's also the best argument for God in existence.

'Oops, forgot that spec of dust had people who suffered on it'

'Lol kids are DYING in AFRICA bahahaha my bad'
yes.. the biggest changes for me came when I left university.. and then another big change when I left england to live abroad.

Leaving university for work was a huge change.. you quickly look back and see how rediculous and childish the 'university bubble can be' - I would happily argue that most students more closely resemble teenagers then adults in the way they deal with each other, deal with problems, and act.

Leaving england was also huge, as honestly having that distance and a comparison has really improved my critical questioning of england/western society.. its always easiest to gain perspective and understand a situation when you have distance from that situation.
Like day and night
Reply 14
Original post by fallen_acorns
yes.. the biggest changes for me came when I left university.. and then another big change when I left england to live abroad.

Leaving university for work was a huge change.. you quickly look back and see how rediculous and childish the 'university bubble can be' - I would happily argue that most students more closely resemble teenagers then adults in the way they deal with each other, deal with problems, and act.

Leaving england was also huge, as honestly having that distance and a comparison has really improved my critical questioning of england/western society.. its always easiest to gain perspective and understand a situation when you have distance from that situation.

Could you explain?
Reply 15
Well I'm only 17 but I do think I'm old enough to judge my younger self although some people *cough* @MrDystopia *cough* don't agree :grumble: :kiss:

But yeah as a young z33 many stupid little things mattered to me that, I've realised now, shouldn't have
I also went through quite a bunch of **** and came out the other side a more mature (yes - I CAN be mature #shocker) (albeit broken) individual :tongue:
And I developed a weird/ darker sense of humour, and I also like to laugh at everything and everyone because well... laughter is the best medicine :tongue:

Life used to be like
http://riannederoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/peter-pan2.jpg

and now it's like
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1324/1374803869_db7768e82e_b.jpg
Original post by Virgili
Could you explain?

Its similar to how easy it is to solve other peoples problems. Your friend tells you their relationship problems, and to you it seems so simple.. but to them, stuck in the moment the answer is unclear.

An example Ill give is the problems with young people and housing in england..

Spoiler

Im sure many people were this critical of england, whilst living in the country.. but for me it took comparison and distance, to truely turn me into a strong critic
(edited 8 years ago)
I am not afraid of other people anymore, only myself.
I see most people now as just "filler". Just there to give the illusion of a highly populated earth but in reality only a few have something between the ears.

I used to think people were smart, now I think they're all complete morons.
yes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending