The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Applying for Law?

Hey guys, i'd just like for some feedback as to whether i should bother Applying to for Law, especially at RG universities.

I'm currently studying Marketing, Advertising, and PR Management at College, a very new course which only started being taught from the year 2015. Achieving all top grade, so there's no doubt that i'd be able to pull off an D*D*D*. I've also completed my AS year, achieving ABB in: Psychology, English Language and and Physics. I only changed after 1 year, since i felt as though AS levels wasn't my thing, and A2 workload was just so daunting.
But anyway, i do however kind of have a weak GCSE back ground. Overall i'd achieved 8:
English - A
Mathematics - C
Eng Lit - A
French - B
Physics - B
Chemistry - B
Biology - C
History - C

Plan on retaking my Math's GCSE and hopefully getting it to an B at-least.

Now the universities i've looked at applying to are:
University of Birmingham - Law
University of Sheffield - Law
University of York - Law
University of Liverpool - Marketing/Business Management
Sheffield Hallam (incase no offers from all of the above) - Marketing/Business Management

And as i'm studying a vocational, it's what i intend on applying to University with. I understand that i'd have to take the LNAT test for some of the listed Uni's above, which i have no problem with.

Anyway, my question is, what would my chances be of receiving offers, especially with my weak-ish background in GCSE.
You'd not have to take the LNAT.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
You'd not have to take the LNAT.

For Birmingham you are required to.
Original post by Dann.It
For Birmingham you are required to.

Currently. Not when you're applying.
Reply 4
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Currently. Not when you're applying.

I suppose you're right. Just searched it up.:colondollar:
All of the 5 universities u have stated won't require lnat from candidates applying for 2017 entry. Well done on ur AS grades, I'm suprised that u haven't proceeded into A2. Whilst some might disagree, I don't think the workload in A2 is a huge leap from AS. But that might be because I was sitting 4 in the 1st years as opposed to 3 now. I wouldn't worry too much about GCSE's, u have A's in the most relevant subjects. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dann.It
I suppose you're right. Just searched it up.:colondollar:

I don't understand why you'd bother resitting GCSE maths. Your unis won't care one bit about the C.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending