The Student Room Group

I have just worked out a massive loophole in the criminal system

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greatguy522
If the poilce ever come to arrest you and say' Mr/Mrs x I am charging you with blaahh blaahh you do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be used as evidence against you in a court of law- do you understand?' Just say no you dont understand and they can't arrest you.

How can someone who doesn't understand their rights stand trial? they can't. Why has nobody ever thought of this?

You've found a way out of any and all criminal difficulties and you post it freely on an internet forum?

You need to find a way to monetise this. Quick, delete all your posts and start work!
Very clever, ignore all the haters
just look at the case of derek bentley and the corresponding film 'let him have it'
bentley was classed as 'feeble minded with an IQ of 77' at the time but due to the law he committed no physical crime and was in fact practically under arrest unlike the younger christopher craig who fired the fatal shot at officer miles

there a lot more to consider but the matter is that bentley did ot deserve to die and thus was pardoned posthomously and had his murder conviction quashed after a 45 year legal battle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Bentley_case#Health_and_mental_development
Haven't they linked PTSD to Twitter posts now? Claim it was PTSD induced and you're not guilty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesthehustler
just look at the case of derek bentley and the corresponding film 'let him have it'
bentley was classed as 'feeble minded with an IQ of 77' at the time but due to the law he committed no physical crime and was in fact practically under arrest unlike the younger christopher craig who fired the fatal shot at officer miles

there a lot more to consider but the matter is that bentley did ot deserve to die and thus was pardoned posthomously and had his murder conviction quashed after a 45 year legal battle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Bentley_case#Health_and_mental_development

Brendan Dassey

Posted from TSR Mobile
A more interesting case would involve a devoutly religious person claiming that God/Allah told them he/she had to do it and we are not allowed to reason/argue with God.
Original post by Ethereal World
Course it's not a threat just pointing out the irony. :afraid:

My name isn't purple remember that. And you're a great person imo and our recent alliance, has actually made me quite happy.

Now it's ironic.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Now it's ironic.

It took me AGES to work that out.

But seriously :console:

At least mkap is back. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest