The Student Room Group

Most expensive/fancy restaurant you've visited?

I haven't been to many fancy restaurants, but that will change soon.

I visited this restaurant in Paris that was incredible and was about 100 euros per person but we got a half price voucher, absolute bargain.

Another place I went to is this beautiful chain restaurant in Liverpool, they have a few in the UK. Really amazing food, location and interior design. Service was top notch too. Price wise I spent just under £100 for me and my ex gf. It was our first date so I wanted to impress!

What about you guys?

(PS, if any of you have been to The Fat Duck, message me!!)

Scroll to see replies

50 euros isnt a bargain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nandos

I wish I was joking :cry2:
Reply 3
Not a restaurant but I stayed in the langham hotel for a weekend with my ex
Genuinely Mcds......
Wild Honey in London. It's the first michelin starred restaurant I've dined at. Very much enjoyed the experience but would be lying if I said their food quality matched the prices. Think we paid £115 per head for a 3 course dinner including half a bottle of wine and glass of champagne.
Reply 6
Grill in the Alley in Manchester and Grill on the Corner in Glasgow. Both are cheap compared to The Ritz but I'm usually just used to chippies and McDonalds :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
Nandos

Original post by Abolisher
Genuinely Mcds......

I refuse to believe you guys.
Original post by hezzlington
I refuse to believe you guys.

I believe them, Nandos isn't cheap.
buddies usa
Smollensky's... The steak was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went to a 2 star Michellin restaurant in Chamonix, France recently. Main courses were around €100. Lots of snails, foie gras, truffles etc.

It just confirmed what I already knew that I'm not that keen on formal dining. Spending €25 on a massive steak down the road and teaching profane English to random Frenchmen is more my kind of culinary experience.
(edited 8 years ago)
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay :lol: some distant family member decided to pay for it all… I think it worked out something mental (£85 pp)! I would never pay that amount of money if it were me :hand: I'll stick to Harvester…

That being said, the food was incredible…
Original post by iEthan
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay :lol: some distant family member decided to pay for it all… I think it worked out something mental (£85 pp)! I would never pay that amount of money if it were me :hand: I'll stick to Harvester…

That being said, the food was incredible…

Omg same! :five:

Only I didn't enjoy the food that much.

Gordon Ramsay's restaurant is overrated. :colonhash:
Semi-posh indian restaurant in my home city (£15-£20 a main course).
Nandos

Hey,

You would be a perfect cheap date. Low maintenance
Nandos

TGI fridays is worse.

Glad I'm not the only one.
Original post by undercxver
Omg same! :five:

Only I didn't enjoy the food that much.

Gordon Ramsay's restaurant is overrated. :colonhash:

Really?! Omg! :excited:

Well… now that depends on what you had :drool: I agree though, I'd never go again
I always tend to spend more on Domino's than I do any restaurant. I refuse to spent significant amounts on something that's going to come out of my arse at some point in the next 24 hours.
Original post by iEthan
Really?! Omg! :excited:

Well… now that depends on what you had :drool: I agree though, I'd never go again

I guess it wasn't a great experience for me because I had to have the vegetarian/fish options like halloumi, teriyaki salmon and some disgusting green bean salad since there was no halal option. :indiff:

I'll stick to my 3 wings and chips. :yes:

What did you have?

Quick Reply

Latest