The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Ok thanks. Do not worry not all girls are like that. may Allah show you the best path :smile:

Bro, I don't know which fairyland you live in or even where in the bloody uk you live that you have met girls that aren't like that but not one girl is nice like that.

Typical guys standards being honest here (yeah yeah personality and bs but this is honestly most guys inner desires for a wife):
- Hot
- Decent Job
- Nice (not a fkn bitch)
- Muslim

Now: being honest there are many good looking females but none personally that I think are good enough to be married to (even celebrities), there are less people who are hot and have a decent job, there are even less people who are hot decent job and nice and practically noone who is all of the above.

So basically, imo, the perfect girl (or even a girl who meets my standards) does not exist. And if she did exist then she sure as hell wouldn't be talking to someone like me. BUT THAT'S FINE. I have grown a huge passion for cars to the extent that I would rather have my dream car than my wife at the moment.

Be realistic my friend :smile:
And can someone confirm:

Marriage isn't compulsory in Islam is it?

Basically my other post again about parents raging that it near enough is and is very important. Not compulsory and if you don't want to then you shouldn't have to... right?

So why the f does everyone get pissed when you bring this up. Even my parents if I say I don't want married.
Original post by Anonymous
I went under anon because I don't want to reveal my OP identity (I share way too much info on here and I don't want people in real life to identify me).
Also, I'm studying a masters degree so I can get a decent job and not need a man's money. If you read some of the comments above a lot of muslim guys here are actually praising other girls who don't want to work. Seems you can't win either way.
Your attitude is pretty shocking tbh. Are you muslim?

Tbh, most girls are like that. He has a good point.
Reply 163
Original post by Jeff548
Bro, I don't know which fairyland you live in or even where in the bloody uk you live that you have met girls that aren't like that but not one girl is nice like that.

Typical guys standards being honest here (yeah yeah personality and bs but this is honestly most guys inner desires for a wife):
- Hot
- Decent Job
- Nice (not a fkn bitch)
- Muslim

Now: being honest there are many good looking females but none personally that I think are good enough to be married to (even celebrities), there are less people who are hot and have a decent job, there are even less people who are hot decent job and nice and practically noone who is all of the above.

So basically, imo, the perfect girl (or even a girl who meets my standards) does not exist. And if she did exist then she sure as hell wouldn't be talking to someone like me. BUT THAT'S FINE. I have grown a huge passion for cars to the extent that I would rather have my dream car than my wife at the moment.

Be realistic my friend :smile:

Lol your funny. Actually i am a girl ahaha. Well you might say im saying this because im a girl myself but there are good girls out there.

Well you never know you could find someone like that In shaa Allah.
Reply 164
Original post by Jeff548
And can someone confirm:

Basically my other post again about parents raging that it near enough is and is very important. Not compulsory and if you don't want to then you shouldn't have to... right?

So why the f does everyone get pissed when you bring this up. Even my parents if I say I don't want married.

Yes i am sure marriage is not compulsory but i think they are conditions too. Like if you fear you will commit fornication (Zinaa).
I would suggest you read:
https://islamqa.info/en/5511

it completes in a way half of your deen which is quite a big thing for a muslim.

I say all the time i do not want to get married. My mum responds by saying you will yourself one day when time comes. I have to admit but she is right lol.

Not that i am against marriage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 165
Original post by Butternuts96
she can choose a halal job ie any job where there's zero interaction with males.

Lol, what jobs have 'zero interaction with males'? :lol:
Original post by Jeff548
And can someone confirm:

Yeah I don't think marriage is compulsory. You gonna stay celibate your whole life? No kids?
Original post by AJ KO
Lol, what jobs have 'zero interaction with males'? :lol:

Ergo, not many jobs are halal for women. You get my point. 10 pooints for you, my friend :smile:
Reply 168
Ergo, not many jobs are halal for women. You get my point. 10 pooints for you, my friend :smile:

So you, a male muslim, disapprove of female muslims (feasibly) working under any circumstances. Gotcha.
[QUOTE=AJ KO;64077505]So you, a male muslim, disapprove of female muslims (feasibly) working under any circumstances. Gotcha.

Way to put words into my mouth. And no, I wasn't the one who made it impermissable, lol. God makes the rulings. Check islamQA. They explain fully in depth.

Also, it's not impermissable as long as certain conditions are fulfilled. Again, check islamQA. Don't divert this thread into an argument. You're straying from the main topic of this thread. Make another thread if you wanna discuss women working or pm me.
Yeah I don't think marriage is compulsory. You gonna stay celibate your whole life? No kids?

Why would I want kids if I can't or don't find the girl I am looking for. I am not compromising.

If I get married I will probably cheat on my wife everyday with my car.

The Bmw M5 looks better than any girl I have seen before

It sounds better than any girl I've heard before -its v8 rumble is godly

Its personality is great - its so humorous as it can skid and slide and drift round corners all day

It would be nice and kind to me - in comfort mode its so soothing as confirmed by others like Richard Hammond but in sport its a bloody monster.

I mean tbh, the BMW M5 is literally my dream wife. Just sucks its not a human and these qualities don't exist in women nowadays :frown:
Reply 171
Way to put words into my mouth.
You said you approve of (muslim) women having 'halal jobs', and then conceded that this was a virtually empty category - thus the logical leap is that you do not approve of (muslim) women working.

But yes, lets leave it there.
Original post by h333
Lol your funny. Actually i am a girl ahaha. Well you might say im saying this because im a girl myself but there are good girls out there.

Well you never know you could find someone like that In shaa Allah.

Oh I am sorry.

Thought you were a guy, my bad. This might sound offensive to you so I apologise if it did but I mean its just personal opinion.

:smile:
Reply 173
Original post by Jeff548

Yeah but you would be surprised how many people say that and expect a man's money. You have to admit that everyone expects this to an extent.

Don't have time to read the comments... Why would you praise a girl who isn't working? You get reward for working as you're doing something useful and not wasting time which Allah hates!

Also, maybe it's just me personally but I don't want a jobless wife if I ever do have to get married. Like wtf man. Go earn yourself. Do your own ****. And if they don't work then they should be doing ALL the jobs in the house like a women should be doing anyway.

"Seems you can't win either way."
I am warning you big boi, don't be cheeky with me...

My attitude is shocking in your opinion. Yes, I am a Muslim. Does this bother you? Is this shocking to you as well?

I hate this fact that women aren't required to do as much. Then you have all these people pushing for gender equality, WHAT THE ****!?!? If a women slaps me - normal. I slap her back, bear in mind i'm slapping her back, I get arrested. You ever seen those videos online of the guy absolutely smacking the daylights of the girl? I'll show you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VD53kyJhCk
Watch from 1:00 - 1:35. First of all, that's a bloody slap and a half. Second, the girl then attempts to do something back but her ass is sorted now. Third, the guy who tries to fight ofr the girl gets his ass rekt too.

Moral of the story, DON'T BE CHEEKY BIG BOI. Also, girls should work if they want to have a life and do something other than being lazy and furthering this reputation they have of women's lazy indifference to their male partner's suffering.

Just read this post : mate, you need to chill out!

It's a long ass reply!

Spoiler

And no I'm not anon
Original post by Jeff548
Why would I want kids if I can't or don't find the girl I am looking for. I am not compromising.

If I get married I will probably cheat on my wife everyday with my car.

The Bmw M5 looks better than any girl I have seen before

It sounds better than any girl I've heard before -its v8 rumble is godly

Its personality is great - its so humorous as it can skid and slide and drift round corners all day

It would be nice and kind to me - in comfort mode its so soothing as confirmed by others like Richard Hammond but in sport its a bloody monster.

I mean tbh, the BMW M5 is literally my dream wife. Just sucks its not a human and these qualities don't exist in women nowadays :frown:

Lol good for you mate. Stay loyal to your car (y)
Reply 175
Original post by Jeff548
Oh I am sorry.

Thought you were a guy, my bad. This might sound offensive to you so I apologise if it did but I mean its just personal opinion.

:smile:

No probs :smile: do not worry i am not going judge you because i do not even know you.

but sometimes opinions can change during life and yours might too.
Original post by ZuluK

It's a long ass reply!

Spoiler

And no I'm not anon

I think what Jeff means to say is that he doesn't want a woman who pretends to be a housewife but in reality is pretty lazy. Women like that do exist - they spend all their husband's money on cleaners and nannies for the children while they sit around the house doing nothing all day and let the husbands come home from work to no food on the table. I should know, my step-mother is exactly like that. Also look at the culture of Emirati families in places like Dubai and Abu Dhabi - while the husbands are at work, all the women do is spend their money on trips to the mall with a nanny and four kids running wild. Granted, these families have more money than they know what to do with, but they are also Muslims like us. I think Jeff deserves some respect for being honest about the fact that he wants a wife who will work and have her own independence. I'd prefer to work a full-time job and do all the housework myself instead of trusting a woman to do it, cos she'll just blame me for her own mistakes. I'm sure Jeff feels the same way.
Original post by ZuluK

It's a long ass reply!

Spoiler

And no I'm not anon

Were you the one hiding on anon or just someone trying to run towards the trouble?

It is a womens job to look after kids house etc. Not my problem how they do it

So if a women slaps me for no reason I am not allowed to knock her face in? Like wtf.

You don't know me at all. Women have easy lives and act like they don't. Men have harder lives. Most of them are lazy and act like they do a lot when they do the square root of jack.
You are in no position to say that I couldn't handle a womens routine. So assure no one.
Lol good for you mate. Stay loyal to your car (y)

Don't you worry bro, I will make sure I do the day I get it.

A car would deserve it, not a female
Original post by Anonymous
Don't you worry bro, I will make sure I do the day I get it.

A car would deserve it, not a female

Dunno why this is on anon but its me @Jeff548

Latest

Trending

Trending