The Student Room Group

Medical students - tell us about yourself

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Jack
I can't remember actually, I think it was because the patients couldn't tell them how they were feeling...

This is one of the reasons I like it... :colone:

As for Holby - I used to be a huge fan of Casualty when I was at school, but never really got into Holby. Then at uni I didn't have a TV so stopped watching, and when I got one later on by then it was just too annoying as it was too like work (and yet so inaccurate!)
Original post by Helenia
This is one of the reasons I like it... :colone:

As for Holby - I used to be a huge fan of Casualty when I was at school, but never really got into Holby. Then at uni I didn't have a TV so stopped watching, and when I got one later on by then it was just too annoying as it was too like work (and yet so inaccurate!)

Haha, good point! I bet in other departments you can get a right old ear full!
Original post by Bunicornaces

What area of medicine do you work in or want to work in?
I thought I knew, but now I have no idea

Which area of the country to work in?
I'm quite sure i'm not going to work in the UK

I wondered why you thought this for both of these questions? :confused:
Original post by Captain Jack
I wondered why you thought this for both of these questions? :confused:

I enjoyed (and still do enjoy) the theoretical aspect of the area of medicine I thought I was most interested in. However, after rotations in this area, I find it quite boring in practice.

I don't want to work in the UK because I don't like where health care in the UK is headed and i'm not going to play "wait and see" while i'm in the system. I'd rather watch from the outside.
Original post by Bunicornaces
I enjoyed (and still do enjoy) the theoretical aspect of the area of medicine I thought I was most interested in. However, after rotations in this area, I find it quite boring in practice.

I don't want to work in the UK because I don't like where health care in the UK is headed and i'm not going to play "wait and see" while i'm in the system. I'd rather watch from the outside.

Didn't mention it in my own answers a few pages back, but I honestly don't want to work here either. Doctors' working conditions here have always been bad compared to other countries, but they're about to get a whole lot worse and I'd rather not be part of the catastrophe. But it looks like I have to go as far as FY2 training here before I can go abroad, which is 2 years too long. Wondering whether to leave Medicine after I graduate or stick it out until then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending