The Student Room Group

Boyfriend can't leave other girls alone.

Could I please have your opinion on this:
My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and he is my first serious (longest) relationship. He's flirted with other girls and always been interested in them pretty much the whole time but the first 6-12 months I didn't notice or think anything about it as it was a new relationship and I just didn't know. However after that I've heard from friends who have seen him out being flirty with other girls and also his ex's. More recently he was constantly liking girls' instagram pictures but never if their boyfriend was in them only selfies or those stupid 'new bikini' sort of pictures that I think are ridiculous. I told him I didn't really like that as it made me self conscious that I didn't look as good as them but that was obviously what he liked in a girl. I had to tell him a few times before he eventually stopped but he's just started it again. Especially as some of them he will like from 13 weeks ago or something meaning he's spent time going down through their page. He is well aware that I don't like it and I would never do anything that I knew hurt him. I don't want to keep going on at him but its just slowly dragging me down.

Can I have your opinions on this please! Am i just overreacting/being a bit of a psycho or would you be annoyed about this as well? Sorry for the long rant but thank you for reading!!
your boyfriend does not sound very mature if he is behaving like that. make it clear that you will not put up with this type of behaviour from him any more.
Original post by neverknow3
My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and he is my first serious (longest) relationship. He's flirted with other girls and always been interested in them pretty much the whole time but the first 6-12 months I didn't notice or think anything about it as it was a new relationship and I just didn't know. However after that I've heard from friends who have seen him out being flirty with other girls and also his ex's. More recently he was constantly liking girls' instagram pictures but never if their boyfriend was in them only selfies or those stupid 'new bikini' sort of pictures that I think are ridiculous. I told him I didn't really like that as it made me self conscious that I didn't look as good as them but that was obviously what he liked in a girl. I had to tell him a few times before he eventually stopped but he's just started it again. Especially as some of them he will like from 13 weeks ago or something meaning he's spent time going down through their page. He is well aware that I don't like it and I would never do anything that I knew hurt him. I don't want to keep going on at him but its just slowly dragging me down.

Can I have your opinions on this please! Am i just overreacting/being a bit of a psycho or would you be annoyed about this as well? Sorry for the long rant but thank you for reading!!

If he doesn't respect your wishes then break up with him, simple as that
Reply 3
I'd be really annoyed as well. I see no problem with finding other people attractive, but flirting with them and liking pictures after you've blatantly told him it upsets you shows a lack of respect. I don't like to suggest what to do as it's your relationship and I don't know the full story, but that's just plain disrespectful and not something you do if you love someone.

he's obviously not your boyfriend anymore right?
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
your boyfriend does not sound very mature if he is behaving like that. make it clear that you will not put up with this type of behaviour from him any more.

Original post by Dancatpro
If he doesn't respect your wishes then break up with him, simple as that

Original post by smegsxo
I'd be really annoyed as well. I see no problem with finding other people attractive, but flirting with them and liking pictures after you've blatantly told him it upsets you shows a lack of respect. I don't like to suggest what to do as it's your relationship and I don't know the full story, but that's just plain disrespectful and not something you do if you love someone.

Original post by thefatone
he's obviously not your boyfriend anymore right?

Found out this morning he's been exchanging nudes using snapchat (I don't have an account, got told by my friend). Asked him and he denied it but I'm fairly sure it's true so tried to break up with him but wasn't very successful. Safe to say I'm not in a good mood.
Found out this morning he's been exchanging nudes using snapchat (I don't have an account, got told by my friend). Asked him and he denied it but I'm fairly sure it's true so tried to break up with him but wasn't very successful. Safe to say I'm not in a good mood.

Why are you still with him? Break up with him. He obviously thinks he can walk over you.
Reply 7
Absolutely nothing wrong with liking someone's photo on Instagram/facebook....
Reply 8
He is interested in other women, can't leave them alone, flirts with them, he is not loyal to you and does not respect you.

Seriously break up with him, why are you standing for that? Break up with him, he has no respect for you.

Wasn't very successful??
He's crossed the line by a mile. You've come on the student room looking for advice and my advice is to end the relationship now. If you continue the it's a 'more fool you/shame on you' situation as the boy has already demonstrated his immaturity.
If you continue, you're only hurting yourself, and as harsh as that sounds you truly are better off without him. Two years is a long time, yes, but is it really worth continuing if he's treated you like this?

Think about what's best for you. Don't lose hope on love and relationships, because there are plenty of guys out there who would see this situation as wrong and would not act in the same way.

On a positive note, this relationship has taught you a lot about relationships so don't feel too bad, you'll be sad for a bit but then you'll bounce back. :smile:

All the best! x

so you're single now right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending