The Student Room Group

when do you study best?

i find i study best at night time - minimal distractions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb

After lunch time :smile:
After I workout. Endorphin rush really gets me focused.
Reply 3
Original post by shawtyb

Nigh time: I am a nocturnal penguin
Original post by BristolFresher15

I agree with this. I often revise frequently in intense 60-90 minute spurts, can't keep concentration well much longer than that.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
After lunch time :smile:

Original post by Meteora636
When my belly is full. High metabolism+food= progress

does food really help then?

Original post by Kyx
Nigh time: I am a nocturnal penguin

i LOVE! penguins!! but yea i find it better as the kids are asleep so its relatively quiet except for the odd sleeping chuckle
Reply 6

Original post by TheFarmerLad
I agree with this. I often revise frequently in intense 60-90 minute spurts, can't keep concentration well much longer than that.

id much rather eat and sleep after working out :/
Reply 7
Original post by shawtyb
does food really help then?

i LOVE! penguins!! but yea i find it better as the kids are asleep so its relatively quiet except for the odd sleeping chuckle

I sleepwalk and sleeptalk. I once broke my nose sleepwalking :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by Kyx
I sleepwalk and sleeptalk. I once broke my nose sleepwalking :redface:

i do both haha! once i was heard going on about "sensei told me to stay in the airing cupboard but i cant come out unless i get the cream which is in the bathroom" (dont ask because i dont know haha!)

i once tried to sleepwalk out of a door naked!
Reply 9
Original post by shawtyb
i do both haha! once i was heard going on about "sensei told me to stay in the airing cupboard but i cant come out unless i get the cream which is in the bathroom" (dont ask because i dont know haha!)

i once tried to sleepwalk out of a door naked!

:perv:

jk

I was once sleeping in a locked room (locked from outside). When I woke up, I was in a different room. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

I want back to the room I was sleeping in: still locked :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by Kyx
:perv:

jk

I was once sleeping in a locked room (locked from outside). When I woke up, I was in a different room. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

I want back to the room I was sleeping in: still locked :redface:

haa! thats an achievment!
my mum once heard me shouting at my sister for being a robot :/
Original post by shawtyb

A day before mocks #merightnow...haha jk, its all about the feeling. I never pressurise myself if I don't want to because that never works with me. Thinking of the consequences and the fear of failure pushes me. Initially I used to study in night when everyone is sleeping but considering health now I start around 11ish in morning. Switching off my phone and keeping it out of my sight helps me concentrate. Also I do productive work when sitting on my yoga mat, if you wana bang revise don't ever ever go near your bed.
Original post by shawtyb
id much rather eat and sleep after working out :/

I always eat right after, but I'm pretty awake for several hours after. I only get sleepy late afternoon so it works out well.

I have absolutely awful concentration though, no matter what. I have the attention span of a 2 year old.
Reply 13
Original post by thespaceshuttle
A day before mocks #merightnow...haha jk, its all about the feeling. I never pressurise myself if I don't want to because that never works with me. Thinking of the consequences and the fear of failure pushes me. Initially I used to study in night when everyone is sleeping but considering health now I start around 11ish in morning. Switching off my phone and keeping it out of my sight helps me concentrate. Also I do productive work when sitting on my yoga mat, if you wana bang revise don't ever ever go near your bed.

i can only study when the kids are in bed but whats bang revising?

I always eat right after, but I'm pretty awake for several hours after. I only get sleepy late afternoon so it works out well.

I have absolutely awful concentration though, no matter what. I have the attention span of a 2 year old.

im always tired so its a bit hard lol
my attention span is decent, id rather be doing anything bar revising haha
Reply 14
Original post by shawtyb
haa! thats an achievment!
my mum once heard me shouting at my sister for being a robot :/

:lol:

When I broke my nose, the sleep wasn't very deep, so I could here 3 cracks. ouch :redface:
At some odd time in the night.:lol:
Like sometimes I'd wake up and want to do work. :rofl:
In my dreams.
I always work best first thing in the morning. After about 3 or 4pm my concentration levels really wane. After 7pm there's no hope of me getting any work done
Early morning. Kinda brings out memories of me revising during breakfast for my GCSEs, an hour before the exam!
Early morning if I can get out of bed.

Quick Reply

Latest