The Student Room Group

Poor performance due to an illness.

This seems like the right place to ask :biggrin:Anyway, I was given an conditional offer which I will not reach. However, I've got a convenient excuse for my poor performance as I have been recovering from a surgery for a while now. The recovery has had quite negative effect on my life and to my performance in matriculation exam, e.g. pain, daily hospital visit. So, I'd like to know if am I done? Have I got any chance of getting in?I, awkwardly, "translated" the grades and my offer was AAB and it'd seem that what I manage to achieve would be BBB.

E: Oh yeah, I'm from Finland.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nolla
This seems like the right place to ask :biggrin:Anyway, I was given an conditional offer which I will not reach. However, I've got a convenient excuse for my poor performance as I have been recovering from a surgery for a while now. The recovery has had quite negative effect on my life and to my performance in matriculation exam, e.g. pain, daily hospital visit. So, I'd like to know if am I done? Have I got any chance of getting in?I, awkwardly, "translated" the grades and my offer was AAB and it'd seem that what I manage to achieve would be BBB.

E: Oh yeah, I'm from Finland.

You need to contact the university that made the offer and ask then if they will take exceptional circumstances into account and what information and evidence they require for this.
Reply 2
Thanks, this is gonna be a bloody hassle but a slim chance is better than none.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending