The Student Room Group

What is the worst injury/illness you have had?

Chicken pox when i was 5

Scroll to see replies

Its between a sprained neck or tendonitis of my knee as both had me stuck on the sofa for days but i m quite lucky they both healed fine.
Reply 2
In terms of most serious and life threatening - pneumonia

In terms of long lasting and having the most debilitating impact on my life - OCD and panic disorder
Reply 3
swine flu
asthma
My completely ****ed up broken wrist thing that needed about 100 operations to fix (ok, just 3)
Also I have an allergy to a certain chemical in pool cleaner and disinfectant so any time I go swimming, a couple hours later I break out into hives...
Food poisoning :frown:
Hit my hand on a fan, needed 8 stitches

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was young I had septicaemia and it apparently made my asthma really bad as I was just very ill all the time but I can't really remember that.

Nowadays I'd have to say these migraines I had once for like 2 weeks, it was horrific.
Original post by Laurenhilton1
Chicken pox when i was 5

Hepatitis B
Malaria
broke a bone in my foot - and food poisoning.. the worst thing ever
Burnt my back with hot water. Though I can barely notice the scaring of it now.
Bone cancer in my right arm when I was 10
Don't think I have had any that serious... I had frequent reccurent ear infectections that required lots of injections etc as a child...

My partner though got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and epilepsy, both within last 2 years. Been in DKA on ICU twice... Makes me really, really appreciate my own health... Don't think there is anything more precious in the world than being healthy...
schizophrenia
also recently diagnosed with new daily persistent headache syndrome which really takes its toll on what's left of my day to day life
Injury would possibly be fractured skull be its hard to pick

Illness would be my weird form of child hood asthma that caused me to be sick constantly, luckily although the astma returned the sickness part didnt

Posted from TSR Mobile
possibly a skin infection when I was 13 or a pionidal sinus when I was 15.

Migraine is pretty painful too, especially the ones involving either aura or periods.
Broken ankle
emerging OCD. Its something i'm never going to get rid of and is only going to get worse :frown:
Reply 19
Bells Palsy; paralysed the right-hand side of my face for 3 weeks.
Or the burn that made me lose a nipple at age 2

Quick Reply

Latest