The Student Room Group

AQA Triple Science

I'm doing triple science and my ISA's aren't good at all. They're worth 25% of my result& I have a D. What would be the highest grade I could achieve?
Theoretically,an A.If you got a D (I assume 55UMS) then you would need to get an A* in all three modules(for e.g Core,B1,C1,P1 you need an A*)

However,did you get a D for all three ISA's(You said triple award) or did you get a D for one of the science's(Eithe core,additional or further additional)
Reply 2
Original post by Blancosdos
Theoretically,an A.If you got a D (I assume 55UMS) then you would need to get an A* in all three modules(for e.g Core,B1,C1,P1 you need an A*)

However,did you get a D for all three ISA's(You said triple award) or did you get a D for one of the science's(Eithe core,additional or further additional)

I got the D in additional for one; we only did 2 for each subject but I have a feeling they're all really bad :frown: and then they're going to bring my grade down quite a lot :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by StupidIdiot
I'm doing triple science and my ISA's aren't good at all. They're worth 25% of my result& I have a D. What would be the highest grade I could achieve?

You know you can redo those ISA's? Some people in my class got C's and D's and teacher made them redo it. I got A*AA in my ISA.
Reply 4
Original post by Tinka99
You know you can redo those ISA's? Some people in my class got C's and D's and teacher made them redo it. I got A*AA in my ISA.

Unfortunately my teachers aren't as nice or caring, they just say this is your grade, deal with it :frown:
Ask the head of department.
Unfortunately my teachers aren't as nice or caring, they just say this is your grade, deal with it :frown:

D= 50 ums, each course is out of 400. So, lets say in biology, you do b1 get 100,b2 get 100 and b3 get 100. You will have 350 which is an A. So highest grade you can get is an A. A* is 360. To get an A, you need 320/400. So in each unit you need 320-50 = 270/3, avearage 90 - a*. To get a B, you need 280/400. So in each unit you need 280-50= 240/3, average 80 - A. To get C 70 - B. So basically you have to get one grade higher in everything to get one grade lower overall. I would say resit you isa if u believe you can do better. because like here you need one grade higher in everything and get one grade lower. if you have 100 in isa, potentially you need to get one grade lower in exam and get one grade higher overall. I got 81 in one of my papers and i got a* still as my isa was 95.
Reply 7

Can you not retake? In my school we did 3 (for each science) plus a retake if we needed one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending