The Student Room Group

What do Muslims do on Freshers Week???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
Get in with some mature students like me, they tend to be past the stage of rebelling against their parents and getting drunk and high to prove how insanely cool they are

Most people don't drink to rebel against their parents, what?
Original post by Hydeman
The three reps I got from (as far as I know) Muslim members tell me otherwise. :colone:

:hmmm:
They did that to show love
Muslims have freshies week instead where they show the international kids around campus.
Original post by Al-farhan
:hmmm:
They did that to show love

If you say so, Sheikh al-Farhan. :adore: :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 44
Original post by Dinasaurus
Most people don't drink to rebel against their parents, what?

Uni freshers who've just begun to taste their first drop of "freedom" do, in my experience
Reply 45
Original post by Xenon17
Your going to have to convert if you want a hijabi, theres no way any are going to go with a non muslim as it means losing their family

What?
Original post by RobML
Uni freshers who've just begun to taste their first drop of "freedom" do, in my experience

Most kids I know drank whilst in secondary school, not even the 'cool' kids like literally the vast majority of people.
Reply 47
Original post by Dinasaurus
Most kids I know drank whilst in secondary school, not even the 'cool' kids like literally the vast majority of people.

Meh, maybe I'm just thinking about all the sheltered middle class kiddies
Most Muslims join the university ISOC, some of them use being away from home as a chance to rebel and start drinking and losing their virginity. Just be careful of the types of Muslims you'll be around, some of them will be liberal and do what you are against of.
Original post by RobML
Meh, maybe I'm just thinking about all the sheltered middle class kiddies

Why are middle class kids sheltered? I would think since they are so rich, they wouldn't be sheltered and people would literally queue to be their friends. But you also hear all sorts at private schools where boys and girls get rowdy..
Reply 50
Original post by champ_mc99
I guess we can take a break from Islam for a day and try a little sip right? :biggrin:

Lol yeah as long as we say Bismillah 😂
Original post by Squishy•
Oh my god I think I'm almost definitely going into private accommodation now. Thanks!

you sound so boring
Reply 52
Original post by Tabstercat
you sound so boring

Well yeah if you call not destroying my liver or education and sticking to my beliefs boring. I'm boring 😊👍
Well yeah if you call not destroying my liver or education and sticking to my beliefs boring. I'm boring 😊👍

slayyy

lool we're both "boring" yayaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) not everyone who drinks or takes drugs destroys their education, blatantly false. literally anyone can see how false that is.
2) you're boring
Reply 55
Original post by Tabstercat
1) not everyone who drinks or takes drugs destroys their education, blatantly false. literally anyone can see how false that is.
2) you're boring

1) Who said I was talking about alcohol and drugs when talking about destroying my education? Although I do assume they do have a positive correlation and probably a causal link.
2) Cool 👍
Original post by Hydeman
Yep, us kuffar are that eager to corrupt you. :wink: We have secret meetings where we get together and plan our mischief. xD

Lalalalalalalalala

I'm not listening to the Islamaphobic, racist, xenophobic, discriminating, fascist (and the rest) lies of the Kuffar!
You can attend Freshers Fayre and there are usually lots of activities and events happening during the day which don't involve alcohol. Your university should have a schedule with all of the Freshers events.
Original post by champ_mc99
Lalalalalalalalala

I'm not listening to the Islamaphobic, racist, xenophobic, discriminating, fascist (and the rest) lies of the Kuffar!

Well, at least you capitalised the K in kuffar. Much appreciated. :tongue:
I have been wondering and everyone is always talking about going out partying and etc etc.
Especially living with non Muslims as well it's gonna be annoying because people are gonna come in drunk/play music/ bring in alcohol etc.
What should I/Muslims do for freshers especially?

Join the halal freshers or non alcoholic club at your uni if they have one, it's not just exclusive to Muslims, it's also open to non Muslims too who don't like to drink. At our uni we dined out, played bowling/mini golf, had desserts/mocktail night ect it was wicked
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending