The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farm_Ecology

Text book victim blaming.

It's not far off 'if she wasn't wearing that' isn't it.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Would you provoke a venomous snake if you knew it was going to bite you? Britain First went to that Mosque with the obvious intent to incite violence so that they can demonise the Muslim community.

If this is Britain First's intention and everybody seems so aware of it, why then, upon seeing Britain First, do individuals resort to thuggish behaviour and violence. All they are doing is helping Britain First and giving them legitimacy. As long as people continue to react like this, Britain First will gain more legitimacy and more support and will keep doing publicity acts such as this one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Epicurean
If this is Britain First's intention and everybody seems so aware of it, why then, upon seeing Britain First, do individuals resort to thuggish behaviour and violence. All they are doing is helping Britain First and giving them legitimacy. As long as people continue to react like this, Britain First will gain more legitimacy and more support and will keep doing publicity acts such as this one.

Because we are humans. When a religious human has his entire family's beliefs, friends' beliefs, philosophical ideas and ways of life insulted by a gang of 20+ skinheads who think you're responsible for terror attacks worldwide, it isn't exactly easy to just ignore them. By natural selection, we are competitors, and violence is instinctive because as competitors, violence and fighting or competing is compulsive for survival. They should have ignored them, the majority did, but its a shame that a few had to react violently. Not only because violence in this case was wrong, but mainly because it gives them what they want and it creates the illusion that all Muslims are violent, when it is likely to be less than 5% of the Muslims present who actually participated in the violent responses.
While I do not agree with some of what the edl say attacking them does not make me sympathetic to the Muslims at all, and the "oh they were provoking them" so if a woman was walking round in a really skimpy dress and no top on is that a invitation to have sex with her? no it isnt
But an intolerant view of political views.

I could say the exact same of you (all) who criticise my tolerant views.

And to correct you, I have intolerance for stupid political views.
Original post by BaconandSauce
No matter how provocative there's NO justification for violence

Why can't these Muslims respond in a peaceful way given we are told this is what the quran and islam teaches them?

Or are these muslims using violence (something we are told is wrong) not true muslims?

So you agree they were proactive which is the point I was trying to make. And if you had quoted me fully you can see I condemned these actions.
Lol I love how the music at the start when they're driving into East London sounds like it's from a war documentary where aid convoys are approaching Syria.

Such losers, both the Britain First people and those Muslims.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
No matter how provocative there's NO justification for violence

Why can't these Muslims respond in a peaceful way given we are told this is what the quran and islam teaches them?

Or are these muslims using violence (something we are told is wrong) not true muslims?

You literally piss me off, this whole thread all you have done is spurt your ******** as if Britain First does not provoke this. They provoke reaction and say things which they know will get the reaction they want and they film it so morons like you believe it. If you actually watch other sides videos you will see the true picture. But i suppose your IQ does not stretch further than blaming 100 people for an entire religion.
Original post by Howard
They weren't the aggressors in this video.

do you still work as a qs just wondered
Original post by champ_mc99
So you agree they were proactive which is the point I was trying to make. And if you had quoted me fully you can see I condemned these actions.

Yes they were as is their right.
I could say the exact same of you (all) who criticise my tolerant views.

That's a fair observation.

The issue here though, is that you support violence against people who support ideologies you personally disagree with.
Original post by TSRFT8
They provoke reaction and say things which they know will get the reaction they want and they film it so morons like you believe it.

Exactly, they are saying things. Do you think it's fine for police to start using violence against protesters?
Original post by champ_mc99
Standing in front of a mosque (where suprisingly lots of Muslims will walk by), holding a cross and calling out agressive insults such as "Muslims worship a paedophile" seems pretty provactive to me. The true Christians imo will never react this way. So much for Jesus's "make peace with your enemies". I definitely don't condone the violence from the Muslims but this is obviously what BF wanted.

I would say that if you went in front of a Christian Church or a Synagogue or Sikh temple and tried protesting you wouldn't get attacked or spat at etc. It is a reaction peculiar to this religion. Remember Islam is not native to this country we let them live here and build mosques etc.
Because we are humans. When a religious human has his entire family's beliefs, friends' beliefs, philosophical ideas and ways of life insulted by a gang of 20+ skinheads who think you're responsible for terror attacks worldwide, it isn't exactly easy to just ignore them. By natural selection, we are competitors, and violence is instinctive because as competitors, violence and fighting or competing is compulsive for survival. They should have ignored them, the majority did, but its a shame that a few had to react violently. Not only because violence in this case was wrong, but mainly because it gives them what they want and it creates the illusion that all Muslims are violent, when it is likely to be less than 5% of the Muslims present who actually participated in the violent responses.

Until these more violent groups can be stopped, this situation is going to continue. This was not a matter of survival. Their lives were not under threat and there was no need to react violently. Their violent reaction however has the ability to challenge their survival though. With the growth of the far right, the last thing that is needed is for groups of Muslims to react violently and provide fodder for far right propaganda. Violent reactions like this are fuelling the far right, and this has the potential to have disastrous effects on the Muslim community in Britain.

If however people carried on with their day, made no fuss and maybe even went out of the way to offer the protesters drinks or food, then their actions would have been far more effective. Britain First would have walked away from the scene with little to no footage to fuel their agenda.

I'm going to ignore the percentage figure you have provided as I don't see how one can say how many individuals were or weren't involved. The main issue at hand here is that those individuals who resorted to violence have done more harm to the British Muslim community than Britain First could ever do.
Have you ever been to a predominantly Muslim country, and gone to the local shops, restaurants, etc?

Yes, so what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514

I'm curious as to why you think that Muslims are violent and violence is 'to be expected' from them.
Original post by The Epicurean
Until these more violent groups can be stopped, this situation is going to continue. This was not a matter of survival. Their lives were not under threat and there was no need to react violently. Their violent reaction however has the ability to challenge their survival though. With the growth of the far right, the last thing that is needed is for groups of Muslims to react violently and provide fodder for far right propaganda. Violent reactions like this are fuelling the far right, and this has the potential to have disastrous effects on the Muslim community in Britain.

If however people carried on with their day, made no fuss and maybe even went out of the way to offer the protesters drinks or food, then their actions would have been far more effective. Britain First would have walked away from the scene with little to no footage to fuel their agenda.

I'm going to ignore the percentage figure you have provided as I don't see how one can say how many individuals were or weren't involved. The main issue at hand here is that those individuals who resorted to violence have done more harm to the British Muslim community than Britain First could ever do.

It's easier said than done to just ignore someone who mocks everything you and your friends and family have lived under for their lives, but I agree that violence is wrong and it only fuels the right-wing opposition to these immigrants, Muslims and other ethnic minorities.
I'm curious as to why you think that Muslims are violent and violence is 'to be expected' from them.

Because I am not deaf and blind

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a fair observation.

The issue here though, is that you support violence against people who support ideologies you personally disagree with.

Exactly, they are saying things. Do you think it's fine for police to start using violence against protesters?

I don't support violence, I just think that they aren't 'out of the world' to want to harm someone who is mocking their religion. It's not as if they are going and attacking random people for no reason. These Muslims are humans, and they will get angry when people gather in masses to insult their beliefs.
You should be extremely wary of these videos, they first start with the party members provoking people to the point where they drive them to react. Then they edit out the start of the video and keep in the part just leading up to the conflict and the conflict itself.

The argument that no provocation justifies violence is probably the stupidest argument I've heard, no offence.

It is basic human nature to react when provoked and reactions vary based on how people feel towards the topic. Violence is never justified for anything obviously but that doesn't mean it won't happen. If you can't understand why people react to provocation then I'm sorry but you don't understand the human race.
Original post by paul514
Because I am not deaf and blind

Posted from TSR Mobile

So we have a planet with an odd 1.6 billion Muslims, and they are violent are they? Just like every single collective of people in history, Muslims consist of good and bad people.

Latest

Trending

Trending