The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Frank Underwood
Is this an attempt at being clever or something? What you said holds no response to what I said, if you're going to ignore my entire post and nitpick whatever you think suits your argument best, don't reply to me in the first place. I even answered your question with honesty, that I am defending some people who were violent, but you didn't even answer mine. So I'll ask it one more time, are you really defending this group of xenophobic racists who want to preserve hollow values which have long degraded by forcibly ejecting thousands of innocent people based solely on their ethnicity / religion?

I'm absolutely defending their right to free expression without being violently attacked; you're damn right I am.
Original post by Howard
I'm absolutely defending their right to free expression without being violently attacked; you're damn right I am.

Do me a favour, don't butt into my discussions with other people if you're only going to reply to 1/4 of my response.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Are you saying Muslims are similar to a wild animal frank?

Would you say similar if it was a group of Muslims being attacked at one of their protests against free speech?

Nah mate, you're getting it wrong. They went looking for a fight; look at the video. That's the main entrance to mosque which they were blocking. Also, this is my area and it's full of Asian gangs and whatnot. Not condoning their violence but it's a ticking timebomb if they're gonna be blocking the entrance!
Reply 83
Ah here we go, the extremists gather to attack me because I have a tolerant view of different cultures.

But you don't have a tolerant view of different opinions. You've already admitted so much.

Certain opinions, in your view, can justifiably be met with violence. The perpetrators of the violence should be forgiven while those that utter the opinions should be blamed. That's your position. It's a rare one for a man of such tolerance to adopt.
Reply 84
Do me a favour, don't butt into my discussions with other people if you're only going to reply to 1/4 of my response.

You asked for a specific response to a particular point that I hadn't answered. You now have it. I'll get to the rest of your drivel in my own sweet time.
I'm curious as to why you think that Muslims are violent and violence is 'to be expected' from them.

You will never get an actual answer when asking a bigot to explain his/her bigotry. It's because there isn't one.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Yes they were as is their right.

Legally, yes. Morally, (which is of course subjective but imo) no.
Original post by Howard
But you don't have a tolerant view of different opinions. You've already admitted so much.

Certain opinions, in your view, can justifiably be met with violence. The perpetrators of the violence should be forgiven while those that utter the opinions should be blamed. That's your position. It's a rare one for a man of such tolerance to adopt.

I don't recall justifying violence anywhere, I am just saying that the Muslims who respond with violence are not the sole factor in this issue, and similarly I can sympathise with a bunch of people who are persecuted because of the ill-informed right-wing individuals who cannot differentiate between Muslims and terrorists.
Come on - standing outside and blocking the entrances to the main mosque in East London and provoking worshippers with anti-muslim BS is obviously going to get a reaction. I live in the area - there's a pub literally opposite the mosque on the other side of the road - there's never been any trouble because the pub goers aren't there to provoke anyone. Obviously it'd be preferable if people didn't react but you're not promoting world peace women's health etc outside the mosque, you're promoting a group that hates Muslims. Free speech has a context
Original post by karl pilkington
I would say that if you went in front of a Christian Church or a Synagogue or Sikh temple and tried protesting you wouldn't get attacked or spat at etc. It is a reaction peculiar to this religion. Remember Islam is not native to this country we let them live here and build mosques etc.

If I start provoking them in a purely insulting manner, it's possible I would get attacked (would depend on the demographics of the area). And the best bit is, I could post a video of the attacks to my advantage and show the world how "filthy" and "barbaric" these Christians/Jews/Sikhs actually are.
Original post by Trapz99
Lol I love how the music at the start when they're driving into East London sounds like it's from a war documentary where aid convoys are approaching Syria.

Such losers, both the Britain First people and those Muslims.

I certainly get a good laugh from their videos and Facebook page. They seem to fancy themselves real Crusaders :tongue:
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Exactly, they are saying things. Do you think it's fine for police to start using violence against protesters?

Are you serious? They are PHYSICALLY blocking the entrance of the mosque, stop with your bigotry and lets be honest, racist crap. Watch the videos from other sides and you can see they are literally blocking the entrance and pushing people out of the way. You again are another idiot who watched one video (BF cut out 90min of a 100min video as for the 90 minutes they have to provoke and they cant show that because idiots like you wont watch).

Alot of people on this thread are actually really pissing me off because 90% of you are racist and completely against a religion you know NOTHING about. I cant stand people who hide their racism and racist views behind sub-topics.

Actually i will say another thing; these members of Britain are unemployed and claiming benefits, whilst the "Immigrants" they so passionately hate are paying taxes to keep them alive. None of you warriors want to talk about that no??
(edited 8 years ago)
Who cares? It's Britain First, they're the scummiest of scum.
It saddens me to see the Muslims who were violent fall for Britain First's little game. It gives the exact response which Britain First wants: "Violent Muslims attack peaceful and silent protest".
(edited 8 years ago)
So we have a planet with an odd 1.6 billion Muslims, and they are violent are they? Just like every single collective of people in history, Muslims consist of good and bad people.

I didn't say or even suggest all Muslims are violent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by champ_mc99
If I start provoking them in a purely insulting manner, it's possible I would get attacked (would depend on the demographics of the area). And the best bit is, I could post a video of the attacks to my advantage and show the world how "filthy" and "barbaric" these Christians/Jews/Sikhs actually are.

no it is very very unlikely Christians would attack you. Islam as a religion is very intolerant to any criticism whereas most other religious groups are benign in nature,
Original post by TSRFT8
Are you serious? They are PHYSICALLY blocking the entrance of the mosque, stop with your bigotry and lets be honest, racist crap. Watch the videos from other sides and you can see they are literally blocking the entrance and pushing people out of the way. You again are another idiot who watched one video (BF cut out 90min of a 100min video as for the 90 minutes they have to provoke and they cant show that because idiots like you wont watch).

Alot of people on this thread are actually really pissing me off because 90% of you are racist and completely against a religion you know NOTHING about. I cant stand people who hide their racism and racist views behind sub-topics.

Actually i will say another thing; these members of Britain are unemployed and claiming benefits, whilst the "Immigrants" they so passionately hate are paying taxes to keep them alive. None of you warriors want to talk about that no??

racist zzz how can you be racist towards a religion? The guy who does a flying kick and tries to punch another person is not doing it because they are blocking the entrance also their violence is not acceptable
Original post by JordanL_
Who cares? It's Britain First, they're the scummiest of scum.

erm because it reflects on a wider problem whether they are scum is irrelevant. Do you care about this country in any way or are just happy to see areas be 'ruled' by a Muslim community. They have a legal right to peaceful protest in a free country,
Original post by TSRFT8
Are you serious? They are PHYSICALLY blocking the entrance of the mosque, stop with your bigotry and lets be honest, racist crap.

Believing in the right to protest and freedom of speech is racist?

Original post by TSRFT8
Watch the videos from other sides and you can see they are literally blocking the entrance and pushing people out of the way. You again are another idiot who watched one video (BF cut out 90min of a 100min video as for the 90 minutes they have to provoke and they cant show that because idiots like you wont watch).

Do you have a link to a video from the other side?

It's not that easy to see in the video, but it doesn't look like they are physically blocking the entrance, the establishing shot puts them between two entrances. If even they were, this is still no excuse to resort to violence or mobbing. The correct response would be to report an illegal protest.

Original post by TSRFT8

I cant find information on the occupation (or lack of) Britain First members, do you have a link?

That's also a massive assumption on your part of the immigrants. Some are cheating the system, some are hard working members of society, just like everyone else.

I don't support violence, I just think that they aren't 'out of the world' to want to harm someone who is mocking their religion. It's not as if they are going and attacking random people for no reason. These Muslims are humans, and they will get angry when people gather in masses to insult their beliefs.

Being angry at someone (or a group) insulting your way of life, religion or ideology is perfectly understandable, acting out that anger in the form of violence is not acceptable.

I dont think BF should be protesting as they do, or even agree with them. But they have a right to do so without being assaulted.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by karl pilkington
no it is very very unlikely Christians would attack you. Islam as a religion is very intolerant to any criticism whereas most other religious groups are benign in nature,

Christians in the UK wouldn't, as Christianity has lost a lot of influence and most of the Christian population here isn't at all devout.

You will get more intolerance from Christians in conservative African countries and a sizeable number of them in the US as well. Like that group that "protested" outside of a mosque in Arizona and brought guns to intimidate Muslims. There were no violent clashes at that "protest", despite that this was what they were obviously aiming for.

Latest

Trending

Trending