The Student Room Group

Further Maths for A-Level for Chemical Engineering?

I'm looking towards Chemical Engineering and I'm in Y11 right now. At the moment, I'm thinking about Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Spanish, but should I replace Biology with Further Maths?

Also, on the topic, would Economics instead of Spanish be better for the degree?
Original post by Ryazza15
I'm looking towards Chemical Engineering and I'm in Y11 right now. At the moment, I'm thinking about Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Spanish, but should I replace Biology with Further Maths?

Also, on the topic, would Economics instead of Spanish be better for the degree?

do three topics as i think the as are scrapped for your year (depends on where your going) but i suggest doing maths physics and chemistry as i know all sciences are linear and after that it dosent matter as unis dont ask for as levels anymore
Original post by Ryazza15

Of course, further maths would be much more useful for engineering than biology.

Neither Spanish nor economics are really of any use in an engineering degree (except perhaps it you take a language with your degree), so pick whichever one you would rather do. But physics would be of more use than either of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending