The Student Room Group

Does 'fake' writing essays work?

By this I mean writing an essay but more you thinking of what to say one just like you would when writing an essay but instead you scribble on the page?

Or at least get it down in messy writing that doesn't make sense but you yourself know what you said in your head would be enough to do well in the essay if you were to write it?

Scroll to see replies

What?
Reply 2
What do you mean? Elaborate...
I am confused
What is a "fake essay"? :s-smilie:
Do you mean drafting it?
I'm with Patrick. Wtf?
looool im baffed??
Reply 8
Original post by k.m.b
What do you mean? Elaborate...

Original post by Abstract_Prism
What?

Basically this 20160411113504.jpg
It doesn't really mean anything, it's just gibberish it seems but when I'm writing it in my head I'm saying the essay like how I would writing it, and I write the essays but to save time I write it messy and fast
Reply 9
sounds great! :laugh:
Reply 10
Original post by vall29
It doesn't really mean anything, it's just gibberish it seems but when I'm writing it in my head I'm saying the essay like how I would writing it, and I write the essays but to save time I write it messy and fast

It sounds fine, as long as it is readable,the examiner understands and you have all the content you need :smile:
Original post by vall29

But that's not legible.. do you submit your essays in this form idgi?
Reply 12
Original post by k.m.b
But that's not legible.. do you submit your essays in this form idgi?

Forgot to clarify these are during REVISION looool, obviously during the exam it'll all be real, but in terms of revision, does it work to quickly write these essays saying it in my head but not really paying attention to getting it perfect on paper
If you can only write to the time limit like that, you need to slow down and fit your points into fewer words.
Original post by vall29
By this I mean writing an essay but more you thinking of what to say one just like you would when writing an essay but instead you scribble on the page?

Or at least get it down in messy writing that doesn't make sense but you yourself know what you said in your head would be enough to do well in the essay if you were to write it?

Judging by your diction; for you - definitely not.
Original post by vall29
Forgot to clarify these are during REVISION looool, obviously during the exam it'll all be real, but in terms of revision, does it work to quickly write these essays saying it in my head but not really paying attention to getting it perfect on paper

OHHH right so you're basically drafting? I guess if you can read it and understand it, will probably be useful for revision. I do draft essays but make sure they're legible (otherwise I have no idea what I was writing)
If I was a teacher (I'm not), I would definitely give this a 10/10 for comedy value if it was a full page
i'm interested to know if you understand what you've written there
there's messy and there's illegible
No No No he means he quickly scribbles it down while thinking about what he's writing but he won't look at it again to revise from, I do the exact same thing when learning stuff from flash cards, and well it is working because I stopped doing it for a while and just tried reading the cards and that didn't work so yes yes it does imo
I used to have awful, awful handwriting that was not legible at all- arguably even worse than your picture.

During my Year 11 English lit mock, my essay was basically unreadable, but I handed it in regardless. My teacher ended up grading it at full marks however because she "couldn't be bothered to try and read it", so chose to give me the "benefit of the doubt" lol.

Quick Reply

Latest