The Student Room Group

Is my future over?

I did well in my GCSE's I got mostly B's and C's. I started my A-Levels doing business studies, accounting and history. Ives been wanting to go into a accounting career for a while now. After about 4-5 weeks i decided to leave the college due to various reasons, hoping to do something straight after i left which was in October last year. I've mainly been looking for apprenticeships in accounting, I've applied for about 8 and had 2 interviews but have been unsuccessful so far. I don't go out, I don't have any friend, I feel that my future is over before i have even started. Has anyone been through this and got any suggestions on what i could do.
Start college again next year, doing a similar set of courses, or keep looking for apprenticeships/placements
If your future was over, you'd be dead.
You just need to look at something different or something from a different perspective.
Original post by maxchambers
I did well in my GCSE's I got mostly B's and C's. I started my A-Levels doing business studies, accounting and history. Ives been wanting to go into a accounting career for a while now. After about 4-5 weeks i decided to leave the college due to various reasons, hoping to do something straight after i left which was in October last year. I've mainly been looking for apprenticeships in accounting, I've applied for about 8 and had 2 interviews but have been unsuccessful so far. I don't go out, I don't have any friend, I feel that my future is over before i have even started. Has anyone been through this and got any suggestions on what i could do.

So just because you failed once you think your life is over?

2 years ago I got CCDE in my AS levels at my 1st attempt. I felt so embarrassed and worthless compared to everyone. I knew that no Russell group universities would take me with these grades. Did I give up? HELL NO!!! I got back on my feet and applied to all the Sixth Forms in my area so that I could retake my AS levels. luckily one sixth form was kind enough to allow me to retake. After my 2nd attempt I managed to achieve AABB and currently have offers from Russell group universities. Just because you failed once does not mean you life is over. You can change that, so please get back up and try again until you are successful. Your life ain't over yet buddy. Your life is only over if you choose it to be. This is just the beginning of something great...Good luck! :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by DeadEnd_96
So just because you failed once you think your life is over?

2 years ago I got CCDE in my AS levels at my 1st attempt. I felt so embarrassed and worthless compared to everyone. I knew that no Russell group universities would take me with these grades. Did I give up? HELL NO!!! I got back on my feet and applied to all the Sixth Forms in my area so that I could retake my AS levels. luckily one sixth form was kind enough to allow me to retake. After my 2nd attempt I managed to achieve AABB and currently have offers from Russell group universities. Just because you failed once does not mean you life is over. You can change that, so please get back up and try again until you are successful. Your life ain't over yet buddy. Your life is only over if you choose it to be. This is just the beginning of something great...Good luck! :h:

Thanks for this, really appreciate it. :smile:
When my ideal uni rejected me I felt like crap for a while, had to take a gap year to calm down. People will laugh at you for being so sensitive about this but when you are told you are something you're not throughout your childhood it's a big shock to the system when you face the reality of being an average person. Your ego bleeds a bit. What you're gonna have to do is persist and improve yourself, that's the only way. You don't get better at things unless you analyse your mistakes and make sure you discover the error in reasoning that led you to making the mistake. Self-improvement and adventure should cure you. Also, there are a lot of very nasty people that get into unis (A LOT) so every non-intellectual out there outperforms the whole lot of them in most areas of life simply by having a shred of compassion.

Don't lose heart friend, I wish you well. Also, remember not to put all your eggs in one basket. Just cause the government wants people to do apprenticeships doesn't mean that's what you have to do, it's a mighty big world.
It is only exams and grades.
Your future is not over.
Reply 7
Original post by maxchambers

Yes of course your life is over before like your 21st birthday..... :K: Get out there and graft man!! it's perfectly normal to be rejected maybe 20 times before you get a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending