The Student Room Group

Why do plastic surgeons need you to have a PTT test before the surgery + fake test

What are the possible consequences of showing them a fake PTT test? I've never had any issues when I got injured or anything so I don't think I have a blood clotting disorder, is it ok to just give them a fake copy of a ptt result?
... Why?

They would probably also want to see your platelet count and have a sample of your blood type on file before proceeding. I would doubt they would accept external results anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Etomidate
... Why?

They would probably also want to see your platelet count and have a sample of your blood type on file before proceeding. I would doubt they would accept external results anyway.

Yeah I know about the blood count etc, I'm just wondering about PTT specifically. And they do accept external results so that's not really a problem. All I need to know if - can anything really bad happen if I fake just the PTT test? I mean, I would know if I had a clotting disorder by now right? So it's just a formality?
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I know about the blood count etc, I'm just wondering about PTT specifically. And they do accept external results so that's not really a problem. All I need to know if - can anything really bad happen if I fake just the PTT test? I mean, I would know if I had a clotting disorder by now right? So it's just a formality?

Literally, why?
Reply 4
Literally, why?

Because I can't afford it : (
Why would you want to risk your health like that? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Alice__90
Why would you want to risk your health like that? :s-smilie:

I can't really afford to spend any more money on this. Besides, I think it's not really risky.
I can't really afford to spend any more money on this. Besides, I think it's not really risky.

Is the surgery for medical reasons or cosmetic?
Reply 8
Is the surgery for medical reasons or cosmetic?

Cosmetic.
Cosmetic.

I'm getting cosmetic surgery in a few months. I don't know about you but if I'm willing to spend thousands on it I want everything to go as smooth as possible. I'd rather not take any risks. You or the surgeon might get in trouble and god forbid something go wrong.
I'm getting cosmetic surgery in a few months. I don't know about you but if I'm willing to spend thousands on it I want everything to go as smooth as possible. I'd rather not take any risks. You or the surgeon might get in trouble and god forbid something go wrong.

I'm spending thousands also (on the surgery itself). And I genuinely can't afford another stupid blood test on top of that. Anyway, forget it, I don't even care about my life too much anyway.
I'm spending thousands also (on the surgery itself). And I genuinely can't afford another stupid blood test on top of that. Anyway, forget it, I don't even care about my life too much anyway.

? Then wait until you can afford it. It's not a decision to be made lightly and there's a reason they do so many tests. It's to keep you safe. Don't do it if you can't afford to take all the necessary precautions.
? Then wait until you can afford it. It's not a decision to be made lightly and there's a reason they do so many tests. It's to keep you safe. Don't do it if you can't afford to take all the necessary precautions.

It's just the PTT, I've done the rest of the tests required. I just needed some reassurance.
It's just the PTT, I've done the rest of the tests required. I just needed some reassurance.

Personally, I wouldn't have a significant operation without it.
Personally, I wouldn't have a significant operation without it.

I've injured myself so many times though. Never any issues. And the PTT is just for blood clotting disorders right? You can't have a blood clotting disorder without knowing it.
I've injured myself so many times though. Never any issues. And the PTT is just for blood clotting disorders right? You can't have a blood clotting disorder without knowing it.

There are many factors (some permanent, some transient) which can influence clotting, of which inherited clotting disorders are only one.
There are many factors (some permanent, some transient) which can influence clotting, of which inherited clotting disorders are only one.

Can you give me any examples? I'm not saying you are wrong, I genuinely want to know.

Quick Reply

Latest