The Student Room Group

A private company has just landed a rocket from orbit on an ocean platform?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Sadly it's a very real thing and, jokes aside, high body burden of heavy metals is believed to be linked to the sensitivity (I have 5 times the maximal reference range limit for copper in my system, for example)

<3
Not exactly from orbit I don't think, first stage recovery.

Still very impressive.
Original post by Foo.mp3
You'd care if, like me, you were electro-sensitive; not much fun, trust me

We have a good few million years yet methinks :smile:

How's that work? Do you feel tingles or something?

Space is a highly understated area. TESS going up in 2017 may well discover habitable worlds in the Red Dwarf systems close to earth so less than a decade before we find earth 2.0 potentially. Probably less than 50 years before we can mine space and use fusion probes to get to Alpha Centuri and probably less than 200 years before the Imperial Age has begun again on a galactic scale (given the state of our world i have no doubt that we will more akin to the conquering Kilingon's than hippy federation).
Original post by Rakas21
How's that work? Do you feel tingles or something?

Space is a highly understated area. TESS going up in 2017 may well discover habitable worlds in the Red Dwarf systems close to earth so less than a decade before we find earth 2.0 potentially. Probably less than 50 years before we can mine space and use fusion probes to get to Alpha Centuri and probably less than 200 years before the Imperial Age has begun again on a galactic scale (given the state of our world i have no doubt that we will more akin to the conquering Kilingon's than hippy federation).

To be honest I would feel a bit annoyed if we discovered alien (intelligent) life, I would much rather we worked our own way up into colonising space and not have it handed down by green midgets who would without question make us feel stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest