The Student Room Group

when did you start revising?

Hello,Im a current y10 GCSE student.I know that y11 are currently revising for their GCSE but i was wondering when you guys started to revise for your GCSE
I myself was thinking of starting at the start of y11.On a scale from 1-10,1 being Too early and 10 be Too late,what would you rate starting at y11?
Also,my ISA's for chemistry and biology are a that point so how should i do it?
should i work a little or when should i starring making note for gcse revision?
Also,what methods of revision do you guys use?And what are the most important one?
Finally,is there anything you guys wish you did but forgot to do so?
Thanks.
Too early, I tried revising every night at the start of year 11 and I fused out too quickly. Revise for your mocks for a few weeks, then start proper revision between Christmas & February Half Term. I know a lot of people started at Easter but I think that'd be too late for someone like me who tries to avoid stress. I started revising January/February, with more heavy revision starting in February so yeah :h:
Original post by caitlinford3
Too early, I tried revising every night at the start of year 11 and I fused out too quickly. Revise for your mocks for a few weeks, then start proper revision between Christmas & February Half Term. I know a lot of people started at Easter but I think that'd be too late for someone like me who tries to avoid stress. I started revising January/February, with more heavy revision starting in February so yeah :h:

say i did start at the start of y11,would i have too much time so i could go everything in detail twice or?Im confused on this as i would have covered everything by January?
Reply 3
Revision? What's that lol? :redface:
Original post by VNN
say i did start at the start of y11,would i have too much time so i could go everything in detail twice or?Im confused on this as i would have covered everything by January?

yeah but you don't want to fuse out before exams, you'll end up with no motivation & you'll end up forgetting the basics
Original post by VNN
Hello,Im a current y10 GCSE student.I know that y11 are currently revising for their GCSE but i was wondering when you guys started to revise for your GCSE
I myself was thinking of starting at the start of y11.On a scale from 1-10,1 being Too early and 10 be Too late,what would you rate starting at y11?
Also,my ISA's for chemistry and biology are a that point so how should i do it?
should i work a little or when should i starring making note for gcse revision?
Also,what methods of revision do you guys use?And what are the most important one?
Finally,is there anything you guys wish you did but forgot to do so?
Thanks.

I started in March and knew nothing cause i never concentrated in classes but i just learnt it independently. I got 6A*s but i wasn't happy lol XD thought i could have done better in english :s. A
yeah but you don't want to fuse out before exams, you'll end up with no motivation & you'll end up forgetting the basics

what exactly do you mean fuse out and when do you normally reach that limit?
Original post by VNN

You could probably go over everything in detail a lot more than twice...

I'd say the best time to start revision is during February half term; you'd have plenty of time before exams to cover things as well as do past papers

Starting at the start of year 11 is overkill imo, although it wouldn't hurt to briefly go over what you've learnt at the end of each week to make sure you understand the concepts (quite important for sciences and maths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VNN
what exactly do you mean fuse out and when do you normally reach that limit?

fuse out as in there'll be no motivation, nothing to push against, you'll just be knackered and you'll end up slacking because you're bored and you know everything & by the time it comes to the exam you'll forget everything, it's just pointless starting so early
fuse out as in there'll be no motivation, nothing to push against, you'll just be knackered and you'll end up slacking because you're bored and you know everything & by the time it comes to the exam you'll forget everything, it's just pointless starting so early

What if i go through the content several times?
That will prevent me from forgetting?
Also,is there a certain limit for fusing out?

Quick Reply

Latest