The Student Room Group

40 days to 4As

This is a thread just for my own motivation which will be updated everyday before I sleep.
From tomorrow there will be 40 days till my exams(excluding C1).
I will put in 100 hours minimum for each subject.
I will get the grades I need so I can get the predicted grades I need to get into medicine.
Currently working at:
- Maths C1:A C2:B M1:B
- Chemistry A/B in one unit, not started revising the other so probably a C overall
- Biology probably an E as haven't done any revision for it
- Physics A in one unit and have not started revising the other so probably a C overall

Day 1: A whole day of C2 past paper questions :angry:, have come to the realisation that I won't need 90 more hours for maths.
Maths: 10/100 hours done
Biology: 0/100 hours done
Chem: 0/100 hours done
Phy: 0/100 hours done

Day 2:
A tiring day of learning biology flashcards, covered about 25% of the course which isn't too bad. If I can cover all of it in 40 hours I'll have around 60 hours to do past papers or shall I do it as I go along? Currently nothing more is going in and I feel if I sleep now I can fit an extra hour in tomorrow rather than be tired in the morning.
Maths: 10/100 hours
Biology: 9/100 hours
Physics:0/100 hours
Chem: 0/100 hours

Day 3: Did a bit more of learning biology and did past paper questions for the 30% course I have covered from 7 of the 9 past papers in the old specification getting above the A grade percentage marks needed, leaving the last 2 papers for nearer the exam and then got sick of biology so did some chemistry revision, doing part of module 3(unit 2 in old spec) and doing past paper questions just for those topics from 3 past papers. Biology is the longest thing ever but the grade boundaries are low and managing to get As for 30% of course after just spending 10 hours without it being covered in class shows that anyone can do it.
Maths: 10/100 hours
Biology: 15.5/100 hours
Chemistry 2.5/100 hours
Physics 0/100 hours
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
good luck m8
Original post by Synonym
good luck m8

Cheers g
5 school weeks left before AS - you haven't got enough time :afraid:

thats how my teachers motivates us :colone:
Original post by fatima1998
5 school weeks left before AS - you haven't got enough time :afraid:

thats how my teachers motivates us :colone:

Time to prove the teachers wrong, what's your opinion do you think 4As is possible?
Original post by banterlona222
Time to prove the teachers wrong, what's your opinion do you think 4As is possible?

It is possible!
Original post by Workangel_24
It is possible!

Reassuring, thanks

i am doing 5 :cry:
one is compulsory in our SCHOOL :colone:
and they aren't possible at all in a year...
for some subjects we just started the theory and also working on courseworks at a same time...
our teachers told us to do stuff by ourselve now, at home to cover more of a content
i am doing 5 :cry:
one is compulsory in our SCHOOL :colone:
and they aren't possible at all in a year...
for some subjects we just started the theory and also working on courseworks at a same time...
our teachers told us to do stuff by ourselve now, at home to cover more of a content

That's peak. General studies? Good luck
That's peak. General studies? Good luck

how do you know :tongue:
how do you know :tongue:

magic :wink:
magic :wink:

noooooooooooooo tell me i am curious :biggrin:
are you doing it too?
noooooooooooooo tell me i am curious :biggrin:
are you doing it too?

Fortunately am not, my friend at another school did though, along with 5 other AS levels :eek:
Fortunately am not, my friend at another school did though, along with 5 other AS levels :eek:

oooooh
that must be a pain :redface:
oooooh
that must be a pain :redface:

somehow came through with 6As :colonhash:
This is a thread just for my own motivation which will be updated everyday before I sleep.
From tomorrow there will be 40 days till my exams(excluding C1).
I will put in 100 hours minimum for each subject.
I will get the grades I need so I can get the predicted grades I need to get into medicine.
Currently working at:
- Maths C1:A C2:B M1:B
- Chemistry A/B in one unit, not started revising the other so probably a C overall
- Biology probably an E as haven't done any revision for it
- Physics A in one unit and have not started revising the other so probably a C overall
Do you guys think 100 hours for each one is enough?

Good luck!! I'm starting properly today too. 100 hours is definitely enough i don't even think I'll do 50 hours per subject. :biggrin:
Original post by Bruce267099
Good luck!! I'm starting properly today too. 100 hours is definitely enough i don't even think I'll do 50 hours per subject. :biggrin:

Thank you, good luck man, what subjects you doing?
and more UCAS points :yep:
:goodluck: with your AS...
which ones are you doing?
and more UCAS points :yep:
:goodluck: with your AS...
which ones are you doing?

thank you, maths and triple science
Thank you, good luck man, what subjects you doing?

Maths, Business, Law and Economics. (I don't even know why i picked them :biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest