The Student Room Group

Those doing your mocks tomorrow, how relaxed are you?

For the past year I've just been so calm about everything, I remember before where I would actually freak out like crazy, but now...idk what happened I care, obviously, but not enough to go apesh*t crazy?

Idk...what about you?
you have more mocks?
Massively panicking. I don't know the content for this subject and I'm not good at the exam technique. I'm also feeling terrible which is not aiding my revision in the slightest. Grrrr.
Original post by Artijoke
For the past year I've just been so calm about everything, I remember before where I would actually freak out like crazy, but now...idk what happened I care, obviously, but not enough to go apesh*t crazy?

Idk...what about you?

Don't think about them! I have had 12 mocks already and have two more this week. I was totally calm though! I mean seriously, they are only mocks, this is your chance to see how good you are. This is a total boost to your revision status:smile:
My friend though, she really freaks out too. She got so scared in our math mock that she got a bad bleeding nose and had to leave the hall. :redface:She didn't finish and I feel really sorry for her for worrying this much.

So... er.. good luck tomorrow!
Reply 4
Why are so many people back at school I thought it was still half term
Original post by luciie

Most people either had the easter weekend then 2 weeks off (so back today) or the easter weekend then 4 days of school then 2 weeks off (so back next Monday). I believe it was mostly Scotland and some of the West? coast that had the second option. Most of England had the first. No clue about Wales!
I have a maths mock and C2 P2 and B2 mocks but I'm feeling pretty chill :smile:
Mocks at this time of year?!
What for?
Original post by luciie

when do you start school
Reply 9
Original post by Username3097486
when do you start school

Next Monday
Original post by ODES_PDES
Mocks at this time of year?!
What for?

Because we're not the exam til next year so our teacher thought why not?
Original post by Lemur14
Because we're not the exam til next year so our teacher thought why not?

Makes sense now.
I am at Uni now and I forget things have changed.
Original post by luciie
Next Monday

...so lucky
Reply 13
Original post by surina16
you have more mocks?

yes it's annoying, the school just pulled out this information when everyone thought all was well :angry: so it was frustrating at first, we all spent about three days straight up b*tiching about the school
Reply 14
Original post by Lemur14
Massively panicking. I don't know the content for this subject and I'm not good at the exam technique. I'm also feeling terrible which is not aiding my revision in the slightest. Grrrr.

Honestly it helps to not care...or at least pretend you don't. I'm not trying to show-off here but I didn't revise for my first couple of mocks and I got surprisingly good grades. What helped me further understand the question was having a calm head and pretending to have fun.

In my first mock I was so chillaxed the invigilator thought I was cheating. Every time i looked up I saw her eyes staring into me, then quickly flicking away. It humored me and put me in a good mood, and consequently I got good results.

The whole point of this is to show you that you must keep calm. I guess it's easy for me to say, but honestly it helps. Take a break and mess about for a bit.

Good Luck!
Reply 15
Original post by Sasha2208
Don't think about them! I have had 12 mocks already and have two more this week. I was totally calm though! I mean seriously, they are only mocks, this is your chance to see how good you are. This is a total boost to your revision status:smile:
My friend though, she really freaks out too. She got so scared in our math mock that she got a bad bleeding nose and had to leave the hall. :redface:She didn't finish and I feel really sorry for her for worrying this much.

So... er.. good luck tomorrow!

Thanks! Honestly I was chill about the whole situation but today my dad told me that if I did well (A*s and As) he'd get me a new phone. I was annoyed how I didn't have this motivation at the beginning of the Easter holiday but :borat: it'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest