The Student Room Group

Do you get an equation sheet on C1?

So i'm doing differentiation from first principles and that looks like a handful to remember, on top of things like completing the square and etc. are they generous enough or...?
Reply 1
For Edexcel you do, but it only has the airhmetic series formula.
I don't think differentiation is very hard to remember at all. Especially in C1. Just practice and it will become second nature. The same goes for completing the square etc. No they do not give you any help apart from the arithmetic series chapter. C1 is easy enough as it is without giving you extra help :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by iMacJack
I don't think differentiation is very hard to remember at all. Especially in C1. Just practice and it will become second nature. The same goes for completing the square etc. No they do not give you any help apart from the arithmetic series chapter. C1 is easy enough as it is without giving you extra help :wink:

i guess C2, c3 c4 etc will be a nightmare. :cry::cry:
Don't worry - AS Maths is very easy, C1/C2/S1 are all very nice and simple modules! Are you the person who has finished GCSE and just began the AS modules? I think I remember you? You'll be fine honestly!
Reply 5
You are given this booklet for every module exam.
What board are you on?

I did AQA and differentiation from first principles was not a requirement but perhaps yours does. Check with your teacher whether it's something you need to be able to reproduce or was it taught just to show you where differentiation came from.
Original post by maggiehodgson
What board are you on?

I did AQA and differentiation from first principles was not a requirement but perhaps yours does. Check with your teacher whether it's something you need to be able to reproduce or was it taught just to show you where differentiation came from.

It is on Welsh board
Original post by ODES_PDES
It is on Welsh board

Well, there you go. If OP is on Welsh board do they provide a formula booklet? If so could you let them know where to find it as the formula in that might be different from the ones already provided.

Thanks
Original post by maggiehodgson
Well, there you go. If OP is on Welsh board do they provide a formula booklet? If so could you let them know where to find it as the formula in that might be different from the ones already provided.

Thanks

I believe it'a this one
http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/10908.pdf?language_id=1&dotcache=no&dotcache=refresh

Thanks. That will be of great use to the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest