The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Confused about fees :(

Because of extortionate university fees in the UK for foreign language degrees (usually 4 years, so £36,000), I have my sights set on the University of Groningen in The Netherlands, where prices are considerably lower. However, I hold 2 passports (one British, and the other Dutch) and was wondering how much I would have to pay each year in tuition fees if I were to apply to a Scottish or Welsh university. Could I pay the lower fees like the Scottish, Welsh and European students do with my Dutch (EU) passport, even though I live in England?
Any response is appreciated :smile:
Original post by helloimlukas
Because of extortionate university fees in the UK for foreign language degrees (usually 4 years, so £36,000), I have my sights set on the University of Groningen in The Netherlands, where prices are considerably lower. However, I hold 2 passports (one British, and the other Dutch) and was wondering how much I would have to pay each year in tuition fees if I were to apply to a Scottish or Welsh university. Could I pay the lower fees like the Scottish, Welsh and European students do with my Dutch (EU) passport, even though I live in England?
Any response is appreciated :smile:

It has nothing to do with holding a passport. It is about residence. As you live in England, you are not resident in either Scotland or Wales and are not therefore eligible for their fees.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It has nothing to do with holding a passport. It is about residence. As you live in England, you are not resident in either Scotland or Wales and are not therefore eligible for their fees.

Ahh what a shame :frown: Holland it is then! Thanks so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending