The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karl pilkington
no it is very very unlikely Christians would attack you. Islam as a religion is very intolerant to any criticism whereas most other religious groups are benign in nature,

In the video, the lady is pissed at Muslims for calling Jesus "a mere prophet". That's not even close of an insult compared to "Taliban scum" or whatever other bigotry crap BF throw at Muslims. So I'm pretty sure if I went in front of the Church the leaders or followers of BF go to shouting out blatant insults against Jesus or Christians in general, there's a fair chance I may face violence.
Original post by WBZ144
Christians in the UK wouldn't, as Christianity has lost a lot of influence and most of the Christian population here isn't at all devout.

You will get more intolerance from Christians in conservative African countries and a sizeable number of them in the US as well. Like that group that "protested" outside of a mosque in Arizona and brought guns to intimidate Muslims. There were no violent clashes at that "protest", despite that this was what they were obviously aiming for.

true enough but in those countries most people would say that Christianity is the native religion whereas Islam is an imported religion here. In my opinion it is a dangerous religion to encourage and we should stop wimping out of challenging it and not allow any more immigration from Muslim countries.
Original post by champ_mc99
In the video, the lady is pissed at Muslims for calling Jesus "a mere prophet". That's not even close of an insult compared to "Taliban scum" or whatever other bigotry crap BF throw at Muslims. So I'm pretty sure if I went in front of the Church the leaders or followers of BF go to shouting out blatant insults against Jesus or Christians in general, there's a fair chance I may face violence.

very doubtful have you ever been to a church in this country? It is mostly old people not angry young men. Islam is conspicuous as a religion in being violent there are no other violent religions in this country responsible for any terrorism etc since maybe the IRA which was not really a religious thing
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Believing in the right to protest and freedom of speech is racist?

Do you have a link to a video from the other side?

It's not that easy to see in the video, but it doesn't look like they are physically blocking the entrance, the establishing shot puts them between two entrances. If even they were, this is still no excuse to resort to violence or mobbing. The correct response would be to report an illegal protest.

I cant find information on the occupation (or lack of) Britain First members, do you have a link?

That's also a massive assumption on your part of the immigrants. Some are cheating the system, some are hard working members of society, just like everyone else.

1) Unfortunately not (I would find it but im revising maybe later however there is one on twitter (as you can clearly see in their own video many people are recording and one individual posted it online

2) Again not saved on my computer but i have read in a previous thread someone put the link of their occupations (regardless these people do nothing its evident anyone with a half decent job does not have time to protest daily and post this kind of crap as they would most likely be sacked)

3) It is a assumption - You are correct to some extent. However if you are telling me more immigrants cheat the system than the "native British" you are having a laugh. (Not the best example im fully aware) - Watch some of the so called documentaries and most are white british. However this is not a debate about who trashes the benefit system more, i was merely referring to a point which many would agree with - BF preach about hating the immigrants and want Britain to be white (lets keep this real) however they are more than happy to be treated by Muslim doctors and get their wage from hard working "immigrants" taxes.

This whole group is ridiculous and yes it is racist - Hiding behind sub-topics does not make you less racist.
very doubtful have you ever been to a church in this country? It is mostly old people not angry young men. Islam is conspicuous as a religion in being violent there are no other violent religions in this country responsible for any terrorism etc since maybe the IRA which was not really a religious thing

The Lord's Resistance Army of Uganda kidnapped over 200 people last month.

With the IRA it was as much to do with religion as it is with these Islamists groups. Religion is a useful tool for terrorist groups seeking support and legitimacy.

Lol. That's a very nice counter arguement. So the Christians here aren't even devout but still use their religion to give rise to a reason to justify attacks...

And I have been to a Church here. I've met with priests/reverends and I highly doubt they will condone this sort of action in Christianity. Did you see the reverend in the video condemning what BF are doing? Suddenly he's also made to look like the enemy. These aren't proper Christians but if I call their Son of God a prophet they get pissed enough to use it as a valid reason to make us an enemy.

I don't know whether you're just being ignorant or just blind to the truth. Good night mate.
racist zzz how can you be racist towards a religion? The guy who does a flying kick and tries to punch another person is not doing it because they are blocking the entrance also their violence is not acceptable

Brilliant response. Just what i would expect from an idiot defending their racist views. Have you ever realised why they dont "live stream"? Have a think about why large parts of their videos are cut out. They spend HOURS instigating hatred and OBVIOUSLY provoke a reaction. If someone was to stand outside your house and push you away and hurl abuse you will walk away and buy them a cupcake will you? **** off with your ignorance. If the shoes were reversed - you would do the same. And dont refer to a religion of 1.2 billion as "their" grow up and get an education.
true enough but in those countries most people would say that Christianity is the native religion whereas Islam is an imported religion here. In my opinion it is a dangerous religion to encourage and we should stop wimping out of challenging it and not allow any more immigration from Muslim countries.

And those Muslims tend to come from conservative countries, so their views are unlikely to change beca use they moved. Most of the Christians here don't have similar backgrounds. Albania (for an example) is a Muslim majority country but one of the least religious countries in the world. Muslims from over there would generally hold different views on religious issues to what some Muslims in countries with strict blasphemy laws would hold.

You're entitled to your opinion.
Original post by TSRFT8
Brilliant response. Just what i would expect from an idiot defending their racist views. Have you ever realised why they dont "live stream"? Have a think about why large parts of their videos are cut out. They spend HOURS instigating hatred and OBVIOUSLY provoke a reaction. If someone was to stand outside your house and push you away and hurl abuse you will walk away and buy them a cupcake will you? **** off with your ignorance. If the shoes were reversed - you would do the same. And dont refer to a religion of 1.2 billion as "their" grow up and get an education.

Give it a rest. He isn't going to change his views no matter how much truth we put in front of him. :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by champ_mc99

Well, to a devout Christian it surely is. A devout Christian believes that Christ is God. To have Him relegated to a mere human would be hugely insulting to such a person.
Original post by TSRFT8

Their religion as in not my religion nor the majority of people in this country nor the dominant native religion. Also I didn't say that BF actions were good but the reaction of the Muslims is what I am interested in. Also they weren't provoked any more than I am by 7/7 lee rigby murder etc
Their religion as in not my religion nor the majority of people in this country nor the dominant native religion. Also I didn't say that BF actions were good but the reaction of the Muslims is what I am interested in. Also they weren't provoked any more than I am by 7/7 lee rigby murder etc

The people who committed 7/7 are dead, the people who did the Lee Rigby murder are in jail.

Blame them for their actions, don't persecute all Muslims because some murderers happen to purport the same faith.
Original post by Frank Underwood
The people who committed 7/7 are dead, the people who did the Lee Rigby murder are in jail.

Blame them for their actions, don't persecute all Muslims because some murderers happen to purport the same faith.

PRSOM.
Original post by Howard
Well, to a devout Christian it surely is. A devout Christian believes that Christ is God. To have Him relegated to a mere human would be hugely insulting to such a person.

I see your point. But we still have Christ in such an elevated position (a prophet is one of the greatest creations of God).

But anyways, switch it around. We believe God has no Son, which Christians claim Christ to be. To call Christ God is even more wrong in the Islamic doctrine(Shirk). I would never think to use this as an excuse to attack Christians.

And I wouldn't call Britain's First devout Christians regardless. The ones I've met (reverends and priests) aren't offended but instead disagree and respect these beliefs we have of Jesus. I'm sorry, but shouting out an obvious generalisation such as "Taliban scum" seems in no way respectable to me.

I wasn't. if you read what I wrote I said I could use their deaths as an excuse to be violent but don't. Why are you so keen to excuse the violence of the Muslim men in the video (in the face of a peaceful protest) ?
I wasn't. if you read what I wrote I said I could use their deaths as an excuse to be violent but don't. Why are you so keen to excuse the violence of the Muslim men in the video (in the face of a peaceful protest) ?

Peaceful protest? haha try again, this protest had one intention and one intention early - to aggravate the Muslims to make them look bad
Peaceful protest? haha try again, this protest had one intention and one intention early - to aggravate the Muslims to make them look bad

oh so that makes it ok to do a flying kick and punch someone as they were 'aggravating' you
oh so that makes it ok to do a flying kick and punch someone as they were 'aggravating' you

No but it mitigates the blame onto both the responder and the aggregator, instead of solely the responder - which you seem to think.
Original post by Butternuts96
Nah mate, you're getting it wrong. They went looking for a fight; look at the video. That's the main entrance to mosque which they were blocking. Also, this is my area and it's full of Asian gangs and whatnot. Not condoning their violence but it's a ticking timebomb if they're gonna be blocking the entrance!

Nope that's not right

you may calm it but it was a legal protest managed by the police.

They'd soon lose their rights to protest if what you claim were true.

But given your claims it seems they may (unfortunately) have some real concerns
Original post by BaconandSauce
Nope that's not right

you may calm it but it was a legal protest managed by the police.

They'd soon lose their rights to protest if what you claim were true.

But given your claims it seems they may (unfortunately) have some real concerns

The EDL is still organising protests after members were arrested for violent and disorderly behaviour numerous times during these protests.

Latest

Trending

Trending