The Student Room Group

It's an unusual situation thought of sharing..

So someone ignores your presence before the holidays. Then afterwards they start to initiate a conversation, like asking how you are, and whether you've been up to anything good?

Btw I'm talking about a dude
Confusing situation really.
Maybe he was really busy before the holidays and didnt have time to talk to anyone.
Another explanation is that he didnt really know if he liked you or not before the holidays and therefore didnt want to give you mixed signals. Hes now had the holidays to think about this and has realized he likes you (as a friend, maybe more). Thats why hes now chatting with you. Chat with him and see if you can uncover anything.
Do you like him in anyway?
Reply 2
Original post by FireFreezer77
Confusing situation really.
Maybe he was really busy before the holidays and didnt have time to talk to anyone.
Another explanation is that he didnt really know if he liked you or not before the holidays and therefore didnt want to give you mixed signals. Hes now had the holidays to think about this and has realized he likes you (as a friend, maybe more). Thats why hes now chatting with you. Chat with him and see if you can uncover anything.
Do you like him in anyway?

Well tbh he only talks if we're alone. Before the hols he stared , tried to initiate conversations, but sometimes didn't bother. Use to ask whether I need help now he's stopped.

The thing is I don't like him therefore , when he spoke to me today I gave him dull answers he probs got the message
Original post by Anonymous
Well tbh he only talks if we're alone. Before the hols he stared , tried to initiate conversations, but sometimes didn't bother. Use to ask whether I need help now he's stopped.

The thing is I don't like him therefore , when he spoke to me today I gave him dull answers he probs got the message

If he only talks whem youre alone, thats a good sign he likes you (or in your case, not so good).
If hes stopped doing all that then i think hes got the message tbh. Its unfortunate for him but thats how life goes. But yeah he defo liked you beforehand but i dont think hell be troubling you anymore.
Dull messages to me mean the other person is not interested and that i should stop and move on.
Reply 4
If he only talks whem youre alone, thats a good sign he likes you (or in your case, not so good).
If hes stopped doing all that then i think hes got the message tbh. Its unfortunate for him but thats how life goes. But yeah he defo liked you beforehand but i dont think hell be troubling you anymore.
Dull messages to me mean the other person is not interested and that i should stop and move on.

Exactly.. don't wanna lead him on. Like Hello I wear a hijab he's christian .. did he only findmello l

Plus I'm not that pretty just average so is he
No you defo don't want to lead him on. That's a horrible feeling when you find out (I've experienced it!)

I'm sure you're very pretty!
Reply 6
No you defo don't want to lead him on. That's a horrible feeling when you find out (I've experienced it!)

Should I say anything / ignore him or
Reply 7

Should I say anything / ignore him or

Maybe just tell him you're not interested so that you can make sure that he fully understands!
That's all I would do.
Reply 9
Maybe just tell him you're not interested so that you can make sure that he fully understands!
That's all I would do.

We've only got 2 month left but ok
We've only got 2 month left but ok

Best to let him know still.
He might come after you still after you finish.
Best be on the safe side.
Best to let him know still.
He might come after you still after you finish.
Best be on the safe side.

He doesn't have my number or anything. Plus I'll be at a different city
He doesn't have my number or anything. Plus I'll be at a different city

Didn't realize that.
Didn't realize that.

So?
So?

Still tell him. He will then be able to move on aswell and find someone else.
Not telling him will hurt him more!
Still tell him. He will then be able to move on aswell and find someone else.
Not telling him will hurt him more!

Yh plus it will give me confidence to tell other guys in the future
Yh plus it will give me confidence to tell other guys in the future

Exactly!
Exactly!

What if he never liked me in the first place?

What should I say?
What if he never liked me in the first place?

What should I say?

It's always good to be on the safe side as I said.
Just say you just wanted to make sure that nothing would happen even if he liked you.
It does sound like he likes you though.
It's always good to be on the safe side as I said.
Just say you just wanted to make sure that nothing would happen even if he liked you.
It does sound like he likes you though.

Yh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending