The Student Room Group

Changing University after 1st year.

As my first year at my current university is coming to an end soon I can't help but feel disappointed and that I have missed out on the full 'University experience'. The biggest reason I wan't to change university is so that I can move out and live in halls which I really wish I done in the first place. I have already emailed a couple of Universities and am waiting for a reply regarding whether they can give me a place for next year. Overall, I don't like the university I go to and I hate the travelling that I have to do nearly everyday. I'm just wondering whether anyone here has transferred uni after the first year and how they found it. ie, Was it a good decision in the end? Are you happier than you were before? What was it like starting a course were friend groups have already been made?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NirvanaGriff
As my first year at my current university is coming to an end soon I can't help but feel disappointed and that I have missed out on the full 'University experience'. The biggest reason I wan't to change university is so that I can move out and live in halls which I really wish I done in the first place. I have already emailed a couple of Universities and am waiting for a reply regarding whether they can give me a place for next year. Overall, I don't like the university I go to and I hate the travelling that I have to do nearly everyday. I'm just wondering whether anyone here has transferred uni after the first year and how they found it. ie, Was it a good decision in the end? Are you happier than you were before? What was it like starting a course were friend groups have already been made?

Have a look in the Applications and UCAS - there's a stickied thread called "Transferring uni FAQ" that has advice and stories from people who have switched universities.

You've done the right thing so far - I'd recommend speaking to your tutor or someone you get on with at your current university so that if you need a reference you'll be able to get things sorted quickly.

If you don't get a transfer have you thought about moving into a shared student house for your 2nd year at your current university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending