The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmazingArry
No it isn't. Unless it's a butterfly on your lower back, then a tattoo isn't a comment on someone's sexual activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats so misogynistic nothing like that should comment peoples sexual activity but the world doesn't' work like that. By their inherent nature tattoos are seen as trashy
Original post by SmallTownGirl
It's OP's body. No-one has to 'take into account' another person's opinion on what they do with their body. No-one is saying OP's boyfriend has to stay in the relationship whatever. But NO-ONE has the right to tell another person what to do with their body. Body autonomy doesn't end when you get into a romantic and/or sexual relationship.

I think you have a delusional view of relationships if you think physical attraction is
irrelevant.

No matter how much we pretend otherwise all relationships come down to a sacrifice of (some degree of) independence, if I stop brushing my teeth and my breath starts smelling is she shallow for no longer wanting to have sex with me? To say that she has a right to body autonomy is to point out the obvious, of course she does, but I have the right to leave if her choices aren't to my liking.
Reply 22
tell him to go **** himself and get one anyway
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I want a medium sized tattoo on my shoulder and also was thinking of getting one on my leg. My boyfriend has been begging me not to though as he says they dont look nice on women. The thing is he has a total of 9 including a big one covering his shoulder! How can someone who has tattoos themself not like them? Am i supposed to just tespect his wishes and not get any?

Stand up for equal rights and get it tattooed on your face instead. That'll show him.
Original post by Goaded
tell him to go **** himself and get one anyway

As much as I admire your rebel attitude it won't get you very far with a decent guy, not that it isn't attractive for a short ****ing mind you
If you wnt one just get it you cnt
Reply 26
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
As much as I admire your rebel attitude it won't get you very far with a decent guy, not that it isn't attractive for a short ****ing mind you

im not tryna get far with any guy, thank you.

Spoiler

Original post by Goaded
im not tryna get far with any guy, thank you.

Spoiler

Meh relationships are easy when you have don't have any responsibilities
Reply 28
Meh relationships are easy when you have don't have any responsibilities

how do you know i don't? i mean i'm only a full time carer for a disabled mother and brother
Original post by Goaded
how do you know i don't? i mean i'm only a full time carer for a disabled mother and brother

That's good, i'm talking about your 4 year relationship. You must have been young right?
Reply 30
That's good, i'm talking about your 4 year relationship. You must have been young right?

yes but i've been a carer since 10, his mum died half way through?? i mean you don't really know anything

plus we lived together for 2 of them years cause his mum died and he had nowhere to live so there's also that
Original post by Goaded
yes but i've been a carer since 10, his mum died half way through?? i mean you don't really know anything

plus we lived together for 2 of them years cause his mum died and he had nowhere to live so there's also that

Wtf

That's rough, ok yours is a bit atypical, was going to ask why you broke up but it doesn't exactly sound like a fun story.
Reply 32
Wtf

That's rough, ok yours is a bit atypical, was going to ask why you broke up but it doesn't exactly sound like a fun story.

oh the break up was fine, we still friends, just didn't feel it anymore. it was fine, sounds worse than it was, my parents were still together when we were together so it was easier:redface:

my older brother got his girlfriend pregnant at 15, so could be way worse?:biggrin:
Original post by Alexion
He can't tell you what to do... go for it :cute:

But he can find himself a non tattoed girl to pork
Original post by SmallTownGirl
If you want tattoos then get them. If your boyfriend likes you as a person (rather than based on misogynistic views of how you look) then he shouldn't be less attracted to you because you've made a personal decision about your body and he should support your choices.

Misogynistic to not be attracted to girls with tattoos. Incredible stuff
Original post by Goaded
oh the break up was fine, we still friends, just didn't feel it anymore. it was fine, sounds worse than it was, my parents were still together when we were together so it was easier:redface:

my older brother got his girlfriend pregnant at 15, so could be way worse?:biggrin:

If that happened to me i'd tell my parents I was going to France with my friends and then cross the Spanish border and live in a remote village.
Reply 36
If that happened to me i'd tell my parents I was going to France with my friends and then cross the Spanish border and live in a remote village.

he does live in germany now:laugh:

nah they're still together at 22 and married now so all is good
Just get one if you want one, seems straightforward enough to me.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Misogynistic to not be attracted to girls with tattoos. Incredible stuff

If my love for someone was based on my love for their un-tattooed body then there's something wrong with me.
I absolutely hate tattoos, but don't let him dictate to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending