The Student Room Group

"Hitler the greatest"- Muslim labor councilor under fire for quote, Luton.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
Thank god she's been found out before she got any look at power in a UK government.

she wouldnt ever have got into power
Reply 41
She was 15 and she's only a councillor. Not really bothered, too young to understand the implications of her comments, when she gets her hands on the nuclear button come back and give it a post.
Reply 42
As if someone here is actually having to defend the Holocaust. Don't waste your energy he's beyond help.
Reply 43
If she really was 15 when she tweeted this then maybe she should be forgiven. I said a lot worse at 15.

Still, she should realise that Hitler would have happily stuffed her into a train carriage with all the Jews on a one way to Auchwitz. (a) She's left wing. (b) She ain't no Aryan princess. So she'd have been up the chimney in no time at all.
Original post by keephustlin
she wouldnt ever have got into power

Joking right

Female Muslim from immigrant stock. She would have been fast tracked to the top to help fill in a few 'diversity' tick boxes
Original post by Howard
If she really was 15 when she tweeted this then maybe she should be forgiven. I said a lot worse at 15.

Given that she is currently the event organizer for the students union 'friends of Palestine' society, it's almost certain she still has these views. Not that support of the Palestinian cause makes you an anti-Semite of course, but I don't think I've seen or heard anyone massively into these groups who wasn't an anti-Semite and was fuelled by hatred of the Jews.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Given that she is currently the event organizer for the students union 'friends of Palestine' society, it's almost certain she still has these views. Not that support of the Palestinian cause makes you an anti-Semite of course, but I don't think I've seen or heard anyone massively into these groups who wasn't an anti-Semite and was fuelled by hatred of the Jews.

Quite true

she's also at Warwick

So it does look like Warwick has an issue with racist students
Frightened of being exposed as a bigoted idiot she's resigned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-36012650
Original post by Mathemagicien
Actually, I agree. A sensible discussion is always healthy. If something cannot be openly discussed, that doesn't stop people from having different (or false) opinions. However, you can pursuade them otherwise if you discuss it logically.

But Holocaust denial is not a sensible discussion, any more than Creationism or Flat Earth Theory are. It's one thing to argue that free speech dictates that its adherents should have a right to talk about it freely, but quite another to suggest that we should take them seriously. We should treat them with the ridicule they deserve.
Reply 49
Original post by Mathemagicien
Ridiculing them won't make them change their beliefs

Neither will logical debate. Take the claim about the red cross inspecting death camps. It's well known they were taken around a fake camp and based their reports on this. Yet holocaust deniers refuse to acknowledge this. You cannot have a reasonable debate with someone whose views is based on an illogical base.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending