The Student Room Group

Farm Vet Work Experience

I'm an aspiring vet looking for work experience with a Farm Vet however so far have been turned down by everyone I've contacted due to them not having the insurance to take school students. Can anyone recommend any farm vets who provided them with work experience or give me some advice? (I'm in Hertfordshire and North Norfolk for most of the Summer.) Thanks!
Reply 1
I have some places you can try, I'll PM you
Original post by Lauren1999
I'm an aspiring vet looking for work experience with a Farm Vet however so far have been turned down by everyone I've contacted due to them not having the insurance to take school students. Can anyone recommend any farm vets who provided them with work experience or give me some advice? (I'm in Hertfordshire and North Norfolk for most of the Summer.) Thanks!

Have you tried looking at mixed practices rather than just farm vets? Most will be unlikely to take you due to age and health and safety reasons but you may have more luck with a mixed practice. It's not the end of the world if you don't have large animal vet experience however as a lot of people struggle to get placements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lizziefickling
Have you tried looking at mixed practices rather than just farm vets? Most will be unlikely to take you due to age and health and safety reasons but you may have more luck with a mixed practice. It's not the end of the world if you don't have large animal vet experience however as a lot of people struggle to get placements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help, that's a good idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending