The Student Room Group

What are the main reason you ignore someone?

Also do you think about how it makes them feel?

Scroll to see replies

I try to be polite and respond to them but often, I just cba talking
Main reason - I cba/forget

Other reasons
- Creep
- Boring/dead convo
- Busy

I don't mean to be rude but sometimes I genuinely don't have the energy to talk :lol:
Because I'm in a bad mood or I don't like them.

No point taking my anger out on someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Serine Soul
I try to be polite and respond to them but often, I just cba talking

Original post by Biryani007
Main reason - I cba/forget

Other reasons
- Creep
- Boring/dead convo
- Busy

I don't mean to be rude but sometimes I genuinely don't have the energy to talk :lol:

Original post by nomophobia
Because I'm in a bad mood or I don't like them.

No point taking my anger out on someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This classmate dude only talks to me if we're alone. Idk but feel like blanking him, I can't really feel friendship can exist without talking in public
Reply 5
Main reason I ignore someone online, through text - I forget to reply. If I really don't like someone online or on text, I will block them. Also don't reply if they are trying to chat me up or creepy.

Main reason I ignore someone in real life - they are toxic and piss me off and I am better off without having to deal with them
This classmate dude only talks to me if we're alone. Idk but feel like blanking him, I can't really feel friendship can exist without talking in public

Maybe he's embarrassed. Not necessarily because of you but maybe what other people will think of him.

There's a guy in my RE class and I never talk to him in RE, we don't even make eye contact but when we're in tutor, we're really good friends. I mainly blank him because it would just be weird to talk to him in RE

Posted from TSR Mobile
i don't ignore anyone, mainly because I'd feel bad if someone were to ignore

unless the person did/said something I strongly dissaprove of
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I only ignore people who've done something to deserve it. Like being a clingy, obnoxious **** :lol:
Sorry, I have one dude in mind when I think of this :rofl: he calls me his friend but I really dislike him...
Original post by nomophobia
Maybe he's embarrassed. Not necessarily because of you but maybe what other people will think of him.

There's a guy in my RE class and I never talk to him in RE, we don't even make eye contact but when we're in tutor, we're really good friends. I mainly blank him because it would just be weird to talk to him in RE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would he be embarrassed?

And do you think I should ignore?
Reply 10

because they are not intelligent

It makes them feel clever innit
Original post by Alexion
I only ignore people who've done something to deserve it. Like being a clingy, obnoxious **** :lol:
Sorry, I have one dude in mind when I think of this :rofl: he calls me his friend but I really dislike him...

Tell him then? But that emoji 😂😂
Original post by Anonbabes
Tell him then? But that emoji 😂😂

But it's hard to :cry2:

I blocked him on Steam so he thinks I'm still his friend on there, but I always appear offline to him so he can't message me. Is that more cruel than just telling him the truth?
Reply 13
It's usually because I don't want to face the consequences of talking to them. Maybe I failed to do something I should've done, or maybe they want to talk about something I don't want to. Ignoring people rarely actually helps the situation though - it usually just postpones it and/or makes it worse.
Original post by Alexion
But it's hard to :cry2:

I blocked him on Steam so he thinks I'm still his friend on there, but I always appear offline to him so he can't message me. Is that more cruel than just telling him the truth?

Yup 😐.

What would you do if a girl ONLY initiate a conversation when you're both alone, and never talks infront of other classmates? Would you ask talk or just ignore
Why would he be embarrassed?

And do you think I should ignore?

I don't know, I'm not him. Ask him. It might just be weird for him or maybe he's shy or whatever - it's all in his head though.

Depends - if you want to be friends with him, don't ignore. But if you couldn't care less about him, ignore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there is that girl I like, I always feel like shes hugging me when im not around but im afraid to talk to her so I ignore. were both having maths and this is my favorite subject.
Incorrect grammar. I do think about how they feel but how are they supposed to learn how to conjugate a verb correctly?
I am ignored & dropped a fair bit of late and it's getting pretty tiresome as for me I don't know why they do it! Unless I ask them directly, why? What your problem?

I think it's called ghosting isn't it in the world of dating! You know who you are..

I have ignored some people but usually our parting words before I start to ignore them is enough to know why I'm doing it.

Alas I do wonder if they are ok etc but I feel justified when I'm ignoring them. But they're obviously not that worried as they haven't tried reaching out or we're both ignoring each other!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Being ignored can mess your mind up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending